 |
| Philip, James, Judas, James the Less, John, Thaddeus, Peter, Matthew, Andrew, Thomas, Simon, Bartholomew, Jesus |
Before shooting began, the actors playing the twelve apostles were told that they were "cast as part of an ensemble--a brotherhood" and were told to "treat each other with the familiarity of true brothers." Well, let me tell you, they took that to heart. The met the first day and *BOOM!* they were insta-friends. They are
constantly planning things for us to do together off-set. They've had a hike, an authentic Israeli dinner, a meeting with Elder Holland, two pot-lucks, two temple sessions, and three sleep-overs between night shoots. So, although I can't post pictures of them in their garb, here they are at some of our hang-outs. I wish you could see the looks we get when these guys are all together - especially in the temple. HILARIOUS!
 |
| Sam made the painting on the top right for Nate's birthday. On a side note, anyone recognize who that guy is?? |
ps. Can I just tell you how much safer I feel with Sam's beard? I mean, without it we could get jumped at any time, but with that beard,
no one is gonna mess with us!
21 comments:
There is a brother in our ward that has shoulder length hair and at times some stubble for a beard. Some of the kids refer to him as Jesus because of his appearance...his name is Dan James.
Heehee! That would be awesome to see people's reactions to all of them being together. That's so awesome!
Were they 1-2-3 friends:)
No, Caroline, they are not nearly as cool as you and I are. Plus, they had neither swimsuits, nor the back of a truck. Which obviously makes us infinitely awesomer of friends. :)
Hmmm, the men look good. But I don't know how I feel about the fella playing Jesus. Does he seriously have red hair? And how come his hair is shorter than everyone else's? Anyhow, it's nice they took the brotherhood thing to heart. It's hard for men to bond, right?
Woah, wait. Cannot believe it! I know Jesus! We worked together all through high school. He said he was here from NY working on a secret project, but this is not his typical type of work - I had no idea. Now his gig is up. hehe. Small world, eh?
And, btw, I love that picture of all of them. That is so cool. What an amazing opportunity.
Who is Nate? I'm dying to know!
Is Nate Joseph Smith from the most recent movie? Also, I meant to comment last filming post, but I love the updates, don't stop writing about it. It's just such a pain to comment from my phone which is where I do most of my blog reading. And thanks for always commenting on my blog!
I need some insta-friends!
What's with all the blonde spouses? As someone with dark brown hair, I'm glad there's one woman with dark hair in the picture! : )
OK, I see another sister with medium brown hair!
How cute are all you little wives next to your bearded husbands. I love the contrasts.
Holy Simon and Garfunkal batman! For a minute I thought maybe you'd unearthed a time machine and gone back to the '70's! ha
No, this is such a cool experience! When this movie comes out it's going to be all the more fun to watch 'cause I now know the "inside scoop" of the actors' real friendships. Very, very cool.
Kelli - Actually, it is really, really common for Jews to have red hair. Like nearly as common as it is for Irish people. Typically it's more auburn (like this guy) and less carrot (like the Irish). The prophet Elijah was a redhead, even. His hair is short because they cut it - they wanted him to wear a wig with straighter hair. He doesn't look much like this picture in his garb, though. :)
Mindy - That's hilarious that you know John! What a small world! Super funny that he didn't tell people about his part either. :)
Alyn - When we went to that particular meeting, we actually had people ask what was up with all the dark bearded guys being married to blond girls. Ironic, huh?! I'm not sure how many of them have their hair dyed though (for some reason people in Utah love to dye their hair blond). My hair, for one, is it's real color. For the record, the one missing wife is dark-haired. :)
Nice that it took me 12 hours to realize that Sam was logged in when I wrote that last comment. Oops! That was me guys, not Sam! :)
So cool. So is it just me or does everyone stare at the picture and try to imagine all those guys without the facial hair, looking normal?
I love that Sam made the painting for Nate's birthday. Very cool.
Sarah and Steph - Yes, he's Joseph Smith in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building movie. He tells Sam that he has a pretty strict no-Temple Square policy. One sister missionary, and he's outed. :)
Cara - I don't know if everyone else does it, but I do. And they DO NOT look the same from the pictures I've seen!
Hi Janae! My husband was an extra in this. He worked the last week of August/first week of September. He had ZERO acting experience but definitely had the look (I guess). We don't even live in Utah but he was willing to drive up to participate. He had the time of his life!
You can see his beard here:
http://momtheintern.blogspot.com/search/label/funny
I would love to see the looks on some of the older patrons at the temple when they see this group! Too funny. Even I would be surprised! I love that they have bonded so well.
Oh yeah, I guess you probably want to know how I found you! My friend Bethany Skelton passed on the link. She is from Flagstaff. I know her through an LDS message board. So random, I know. Anyway, she knew my husband had participated in the NT project and thought I'd be interested in your blog!
Hey janae! The schelenskies are here in utah! They totally lived in Minot forever. They have 7 kids! wow you should ask them about Ricks NDites
That would be a strange group to run into. I'd definitely think "Jewish" right away. And I guess, I'd kinda be correct, in a odd, round about way. You look great, by the way in the pictures you are in. Wow, your hair grows fast. I could use some insta-friends. I'm a tad jealous. It's been surprisingly hard for Jason & I to find couple friends. You and Sam are one of the very few. Don't you feel lucky. ;)
Post a Comment