I realize that you do not read my blog for cooking advice or meal suggestions. (Actually, I'm not really sure why you do read my blog. But whatever. Who am I to judge? To each his own!)
Anyway, I made my favorite really-hot-day, also known as Janaeisacheapskatewithairconditioning-day, meal tonight. And since I stole this idea from Heidi, who owns JDawgs, I figured I'd pass it forward. Her owning JDawgs has nothing to do with anything in this post. Just pointing it out.
Cold Pasta Tuna Salad
Pasta of any variety
Mayo
Tuna
Peas (frozen)
Salt
Cook as much pasta as you think you'll eat. (I do this at lunch time and then cool it in the fridge until 1.5 minutes before dinner.) Add as much mayo as you want. Put in a can or two of tuna. Dump in frozen peas until it looks right. Add salt to taste. Voila! It's quick and cold. And obviously has no real recipe. Today I sprinkled it with fresh parmesan.
As for the drink, well, I'm a milkshake girl, but Sam doesn't particularly love em. (Something about being 'lactose intolerant,' but I don't buy it.) (Okay, okay, I'm kidding. I can't believe I have to say I'm kidding, but apparently people can't read my mind as they read my blog. Not sure what is wrong with them, but I'm looking into it.) This smoothie is about as close to the deliciousness of a milkshake as a smoothie can get.
Very Berry Smoothie
1 c apple juice
1 1/2 c lemonade
1 1/2 c frozen mixed berries
1 c raspberry sherbet

13 comments:
Sounds yummy! I love milkshakes/smoothies too. We make them all the time. :)
I'll have to call you to get some of your concoctions, because I'm pretty bland. Except when it comes to mangoes. :)
Um, hellooo - we read your blog because you are awesomely hilarious.
That being said, you will never get me to love tuna salad in any form.
yes, your blog is always more entertaining than many others. And yes, that smoothie looks delicious! And one last thing, I totally get that you have to explain your sarcasm. Apparently I come off as a cranky, mean person a lot of the time. ???
Jennifer - You really need to experience reading your own blog from my shoes. Then you will truly understand awesome hilarity!
Oh, and Kelli - I don't see it at all (you being either cranky or mean), but that's probably because we're family. :)
I'm definitely going to try this. Thanks!
Let me know how it goes!
janae, i have to laugh reading this! i can cook much more sophisticated meals than this, but thanks for the shout out anyway! this meal is one of those delicious stand-bys.
lets get together soon! i miss you!
oh, and congratulations to sam. i saw the ad for actors in our chapel today, and chuckled as i passed by it.
Oh I love smoothies...that one looks delectable...even at 10 in the morning. I never thought of putting sherbet in them. That sounds good. One of my fall back smoothie recipes is 1/2 container of juice concentrate (I like the orange,pineapple...mixes), a container of yogurt, fruit of your choice, 1 cup water, and 2 cups ice.
Yummy.
Thanks for the idea. I just cooked my noodles and put them in the fridge to cool for tonight. YAY for a cool dinner!
Thanks for the recipe, it's always nice to have diferent ideas on what to add to your pasta salad. I wish I lived cloesr to you, we get mangos all the time in our boutiful baskets and I'm alergic to you. You could have all the mangos your litlle heart desired. Amo-te menina.
Sandra - Funny, we get pineapple all the time in ours and I think I must have become allergic to them this last year because I suffer big time every time I eat em. So you could have mine. :)
Post a Comment