Monday, July 18, 2011

Birthday Cake

This is what Enoch had for his birthday cake:


And this is what I had for my birthday cake:

Remarkably similar, eh? The only difference is that mine were a day old. This is what you get when your birthday is the day after your son's. Day-old ball/car/dinosaur/pirate cake is my lot in life.

The most interesting thing about Enoch's turning three is that by the time Seara turned three, I had two more kids. If I had kept up that speed, I'd have five kids right now. I was on a roll in the beginning! I got married at 22, had Seara at 23, Elijah at 24, and Enoch at 25. (Okay, okay, I turned 26 one hour and 58 minutes after he was born.  But still, legally I was 25.)  Compared to those first few years, 26, 27, and 28 seem boring.  Here's hoping 29 finally spices things up! In the mean time, I'm enjoying this darling 3 year-old.

11 comments:

Sarah Rachelle said...

Hey, there's no one saying you can't have your own birthday pie! Or cookies. Heck, you could go out and hog a whole piece of cheesecake to yourself! Man, I would. ;-)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Stephen and Debbie said...

Happy Birthday!!! It looks like it was a good 2 day celebration. :)

Krishele said...

You certainly were busy, busy those first couple of years of marriage. I think your sanity thanks you for taking it easy (if you can even call it that...which you can't cause motherhood is not...) He's way cute and has grown up so fast. It stinks that he wouldn't even know who I am. Grrrr.

You know, I don't think I called you on your birthday. What a dork I am. I thought about it the day before and said to myself, "Now just watch, I'll totally forget to call tomorrow." Self fulfilling prophecy, I guess. Shoot. Too bad it's not really just the thought that counts. But happy birthday anyway a tad late. I'm loving those cupcakes. Next year's the big 3-0! What are we going to do...that used to seem soooooooooo old! Crazy.

Ruth said...

That is one adorable 3 year old. He looks so much like your dad.

Kelli said...

I remember thinking "holy cow, she's trying to beat her parents and have as many kids as possible as quick as possible" those first couple years. Glad you took a break! :)

janae said...

Kelli - Haha! There is no way I could even get close to my parents. Their first two were 12 months apart, and the second two were 18 months apart. Compared to them, my first three were at a leisurely pace! :)

Melanie said...

Happy Birthday, Enoch. I can't believe he's three because I've never met him which means it's been more that three years since I've see you. We're coming to Utah this weekend and I'd love to come see you. Let me know if you have any time between Saturday and Wednesday.

Tera said...

Happy Birthday!

Girljerry said...

Happy birthday, friend! Our younger son was born the day before my birthday as well. He's 19 now. I've had 19 years of stale birthday cakes :) It's totally okay. I wouldn't change a thing. :)

janae said...

Jerry - YAY! A friend! We must be rare, because you're the first person I've met with the same situation. And you're right, I wouldn't change a thing either. :)

Cara said...

Looks yummy! :) He's such a cute kid. Love that last picture!