When we were first married, Sam and I decided that to save money I should cut his hair. We got a razor, and since I had no clue what I was doing, I invented a way to cut hair. Seriously, I just made it up. Sam wore a hat round the clock after my first few attempts. I only know how to use a razor, no scissors, so it's lucky for me that Sam has never wanted his hair longer than the #8 attachment! (Lest you think I am completely incompetent, I actually do taper at the neck and around the ears. I am only mostly incompetent, thank you very much.)
Well, round these parts hair cutting is a family affair. When Sam wants a haircut, everyone gets one. And when Sam doesn't want a haircut, no gets one. Are you putting two and two together? The boys were already shaggy when Sam started growing out his hair a week before Halloween, and without Sam to pester me to cut his hair, well, they only got shaggier. Soon they started looking like the Beetles. Enoch's hair flipped out cute around his ears, but he also was growing an 80's tail worth envying. Elijah just looked like he had a mop on his head. Well, it could only go on so long before I was completely humiliated to be seen with my own sons. So here you go, our before and after pics:
Well, round these parts hair cutting is a family affair. When Sam wants a haircut, everyone gets one. And when Sam doesn't want a haircut, no gets one. Are you putting two and two together? The boys were already shaggy when Sam started growing out his hair a week before Halloween, and without Sam to pester me to cut his hair, well, they only got shaggier. Soon they started looking like the Beetles. Enoch's hair flipped out cute around his ears, but he also was growing an 80's tail worth envying. Elijah just looked like he had a mop on his head. Well, it could only go on so long before I was completely humiliated to be seen with my own sons. So here you go, our before and after pics:
ps. Seara's hair was actually an accident. I only intended to trim a couple inches off the bottom, but she jerked mid-cut. When I tried to cut to that level, I went diagonally shorter and, well, you can see what happened.
pps. While I'm at it, here are our recent stats:
Seara - 42.5 in, 38.8 lbs
Elijah - 42.5 in, 38.8 lbs
Enoch - 36 in, 32 lbs
pps. While I'm at it, here are our recent stats:
Seara - 42.5 in, 38.8 lbs
Elijah - 42.5 in, 38.8 lbs
Enoch - 36 in, 32 lbs

13 comments:
Your children are just beautiful, no matter what!
They look SO much older with longer hair. I personally like it short... keep them young as long as possible! :)
It's amazing how different they look before and after. Weird.
Nice work!! I do the hair cutting in my family too and some times it doesn't go perfectly but I always say, "give it two weeks. It will look AWESOME!"
Paige - I hadn't really noticed it, but they do look a ton older with longer hair don't they?! That is so funny!
Cally - Ha, ha! It's true, two weeks can hide multitude of hair cutting errors, can't it?!
I hate how it changes my kids when I cut their hair. Which is why I rarely do! (Plus, I kind of like it long. Which surprises me.)
I'm truly impressed that you cut Seara's hair. I too cut my boys hair, but I don't think I could attempt girls. It's really cute! I love them all.
I only use the clippers too....though I usually leave it to Allen to cut all the hair here. It's crazy how different your kids look just from cutting off a few inches of hair!
Seara's hair is quite possibly the cutest accident I've ever seen.
Thanks, Jen. :)
Wow! I don't believe you anymore when you discredit yourself, you know-- you said you're slightly incompetent? Seara's hair is darling! :)
You are WAY better than me! I don't know why, but I got the BRILLIANT idea to cut Grayson's hair the day BEFORE he started preschool and I made my son look like a doofus! When he gets into middle school I better be better at cutting hair or he will be the kid that everyone makes fun of!
I used to cut Jason's hair...that is before I got fired. No, not because I was bad, but because he discovered Sports Clips. He gets the MVP where they give him a head massage and put a hot towel on his face and....blah...blah....blah. All the while he gets to watch sports. I can't compete with that. Esp. since he has to help with some of the clean-up (which is the worst part of the whole thing). At least I've still got Andrew, except all the mess seems hardly worth it when you've only got one head of hair to do.
Post a Comment