Wednesday, January 12, 2011

First Crushes

EXHIBIT ONE: Sam's first crush
Sam was four when he decided what made a woman beautiful:

1. Blond hair
2. Bad posture
3. Dances like a clown
This was his first crush. Yes, he still has a picture of her.

EXHIBIT TWO: My first crush
I was also four when I decided what made a man handsome:
1. Black hair
2. Beard
3. Bass voice
This was my first crush. (The guy who fits the quota above.) Seriously.  Yes, my first crush was an animated character.  So was my second.


EXHIBIT THREE:  Success Rates
I'm blond with bad posture and I dance like a clown.  Three of three for Sam!
Sam has black hair, and thanks to the need for extras in an upcoming New Testament film, he's currently got a beard.  Two of three for me! Not bad.

Sam's fam at his sister's wedding in December
at a recent BYU basketball game

Now, if only we could find a way to make a baritone into a bass...

17 comments:

Tera said...

I was wondering about your lumberjack man, lol

Karen said...

If my memory is correct, we called my first crush Marky. Fun for Sam to be in the New Testament movie. Yay for a wedding! So fun!

Karen said...

Oh! Are you going to sell your hair again?

Cara said...

Okay...that's funny. Especially that Sam still has a picture of his first crush. Seriously funny. You guys did pretty well finding what you wanted. Good work. :)

Sam Ricks said...

Wow! That picture of my crush is classic.

And I don't think I'll ever look as massive as the guy from Sword in the Stone. Not without serious amounts of steroids.

janae said...

Karen - Nah, I'm not taking as good of care of it as I did last time. I don't avoid blow drying, curling, etc. like I did last time, so by the time it gets that long it won't be nearly as healthy.

Sam - I'm willing to invest in the steroids.

The Pingels said...

Does he get to keep the beard when the movie is over?

Sharalea said...

Cute post! You two are adorable!!

janae said...

Linds - Nah, he'll probably shave as soon as filming is done. I'm sad. :(

Qait said...

Aha, so now I know what to do if I ever want to see Michael's beard! Enter him for a Bible movie!
I think he'd resist.
Oh well... that will just have to remain one of the mysteries of life.

Your first crushes are cute. :) Can't remember mine right now!

steph said...

How funny! :) That is hilarious! I can't believe he still has that picture!
I had cartoon crushes too.. I think my first one was Aladdin.. and hey Adam kinda looks like him! haha

Gosh, I wanted Adam to be in the New Testament movie project too.. because he fits the type of look they are looking for so well!.. but it won't work with his work and all.. and we live far away. Dang. But, that is so cool Sam gets to be in it! He pulls off the beard very nicely! What a fun opportunity!

I've always wondered too what Adam would look like in a beard... he said if he deploys, he will grow out his beard... So we'll see... ;)

That Girl said...

Where does he keep the picture?!

Aubrey said...

I can't remember my first crush at the moment... I'll have to ask Brian about his.

janae said...

Becky - His mom put it in his childhood picture book, so I found it along side picture of little Sam. Ha, ha!

Meg said...

I think the beard's a good look for Sam. He should keep it just for you. I don't like Bob's beard- he can't grow a mustache and it just looks kinda weird and it's scratchy, but he likes not shaving any time he can get away with it. Why can't guys just do what we want them to do, we're the ones who have to look at them ;)

Krishele said...

Whatever!!! You just adore Sam the way he is. I think you'd be totally weirded out if he came home with a voice like Mr. Chesty in the Sword in the Stone video clip above. In fact, I think you'd take off running...like, really fast.

Stephen and Debbie said...

Oh man! That picture is so hilarious! So funny! We love reading your blog!