Joe (23), Sam (28), Paul (26)
Sam is the oldest of five kids; two brothers just below him and two baby sisters (20 & 18). I'm not sure what it is about his brothers, but whenever we are with them, Sam cannot stop laughing. He spends half his time bright red, struggling to get enough oxygen. His laugh is raised about 30 pitches so it resembles a child squeaking. And when he talks he sounds like a soprano--higher than I've been able to talk since I was, oh, about five. That's just what brothers do to ya.
I really love to hear Sam laugh like that. Mostly so I can laugh at him. Cuz he just looks and sounds super funny. So I concocted a plan. A Ricks Bro Reunion. At my parents cabin. For an entire weekend. Paul lives here in Sandy, but Joe and Paige had to fly in from Tucson. I think it was worth it. :)
Paul & Steph, Sam & kids, Paige & Joe
the only way to get the kids to look at the camera: have them stick out their tongues
The token Janae shot. I try to be in at least one picture each
event. Of course, I'm doing my traditional neck-tendon thing.
So now I'm supposed to say something to end this post. Either a comment towards the people in the post ("happy birthday," "thanks guys," etc.) or something witty (like a funny comment or a surprising one-liner). But, I can't think of anything. So I'm just going to end it.
Like this.
Like this.

11 comments:
So what did you guys do???
Cara - Eat. Play games. Watch movies. Snack. Sleep. Hikes. And talk. A LOT.
I LOVE endings like that. Awesome.
Don't you just love brothers?
My husband gets silly with his brothers too. Their thing is quoting old funny/stupid movies like Muppets and Airplane. It really kind of annoys me, but oh well.
Kori - Yeah, Sam and his bros always quote games they invented and movies they made themselves. They are super dumb. But I can't help but chuckle when they laugh so hard!
Wonderful pictures!
Thanks, Grandma! Hopefully I'll get them printed quickly so soon we can add them to the collection up at the cabin! :)
That was a classic ending!
That sounds like tons of fun. I like it when Jason gets with his brothers because he just lets go and enjoys. I do get fun little tidbits here and there to razz him about later as well.
He seems genuinely happy and giddy around the bros...that's my favorite.
Sheles - I bet Jason with his brothers is a hoot!
I love this!!
seriously. It gives me hope that my boys will be like this someday.
Post a Comment