As a kid I pretty bummed that I only had one cousin my age. I was thrilled the day that I realized that since I was the 4th of 8, my kids were destined to have lots of cousins their ages. True to form, Seara had two girl cousins born just after she was. Woohoo! Unfortunately, no one got the memo about having babies at the same time as Elijah or Enoch. Their closest cousins are either about a year older or a year younger than they are. Sorry boys! Despite that, my kids are definitely not lacking in the cousin category, and they had loads of fun with them this summer!
Wheeler Farm
Alex, Hallie, Liam, (Savanna missing), Maggie, Ethan, Seara, (Makenna missing), Gabi, Elijah, Ami, Enoch, Ceci, (Hamilton missing)
Baby Hamilton
My sister Lissa decided that since everyone was going to be in Utah on the 4th of July, she might as well have her baby on the 2nd. We were grateful. ;)
A portrait I drew while we waited (outside) for the baby to be born.
Thank heavens we don't rely on my artistic ability for our sustenance!
None of us were sick, we were just playing 'doctor'
Touching a baby is veeeeery exciting
Forth of July
(we actually went to this firework show on the 3rd because the 4th was the Sabbath)
Veteran's Memorial Pool
Notice how I used kids to cover myself up? I'm pretty witty.
Temple Square
Family Cabin
We spent one weekend at the cabin, but apparently I didn't take pictures. My sis'n'law Lyndi snapped this one of all of us when we floated the Provo, though.
Now, if only all the cousins lived here close, rather than in Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Nebraska!


10 comments:
I loved having cousins close in age to me. There was a year gap before I had Charlotte and I think I got my attention/gifts than normal because of it. Luckily she had 2 cousins born not too long after her. I"ll tell you what's really rough being the only and first grandchild- way way too much attention on Matt's side. Let's just put it this way 10 adults and only 1 kid and grandparents that feel they waited WAY too long to get a grandkid= one overwhelmed child.
That sure was a fun couple of weeks. (And those pictures looks so familiar.) :)
I never had cousins my age either. I'm old enough to babysit most of my cousins, unfortunately. So far, Kalianna only has two cousins. Both boys. Both at least 18 months older. Your kids are definitely lucky!
Erin - Sam had three other cousins his age, all in the same school, and he loved it too. You guys are really lucky!
Oh so cute!!! I love cousins!!!
Looks like it is quite the ordeal to take everyone somewhere. I'm glad my kids have a bunch of cousins too, cause I wasn't close to my cousins growing up at all.
I LOVE the sunset on the 3rd of July picture. How pretty. Big family gatherings can be so much fun.
Hey, dude, sorry me and Boston were so mean to you and didn't include you more! Grandma always got mad at us for not playing with you, but you were so old with that extra year on you!! :) All of the cousins on my side are one year apart (meaning, my kids and their cousins). So nobody is the same age, but it doesn't seem to matter! Then again, when there aren't 40 of us it's a lot easier too!
Krishele - The funny thing about the 3rd of July sunset pic is that the girl with Tyler is a girl he dated during an in between stage with his current gal. They broke up, he dated this girl, and then they got back together. I'm sure she's gonna love this when she sees it...
Kelli - Hmmm. You must have posted that while I was writing the last comment. Grandma used to get mad at you? Ha, ha! No worries. I wasn't always too sure that I wanted to be friends with two young 'ins like you two. ;)
Cute pics!
Post a Comment