The day I got my 1998 Yearbook, I came home from school excited. As I walked in the door, I could see my mom and Cara sitting at the counter looking through her copy (she was a senior, I was a sophomore). They were commenting on a picture. The conversation went something like this:
Cara: Look how awful I look in that picture!
Mom: [laughing] Wow, that is pretty bad.
Cara: I know! I mean, what kind of face is that? And what is up with my hair??
I walked up to them, glanced down at the picture ...
...and said the only thing I could say:
"That's me."


12 comments:
I'm hoping you mean 1998. But yes, that is very funny! Don't you love how yearbooks capture you at your finest?
Haha! Still funny now! :)
I've heard this story for years, but having the picture proof makes it even funnier!
Oh, but look at you swoon... :)
Hahhaha... yeah, what a picture! That's really funny! It's like all the other girls are being all swoony ladies, but you're maybe...swooning from the heat or something? Hahhah... oh, too awesome. I love pictures like that.
I still have yet to make public my picture of my pregnant in a robe looking like a character straight from The Far Side or something. It's awesome.
That is so funny.
Sam - I never realized you hadn't seen this picture! I'd have gladly produced it sooner if I had known you were doubting!
Qait - I dare you. ;)
What kind of high school was this? Looks like 1948..
: ) Drama?
Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!! HAhahahahahaha!! That's just awesome.
Gone with the Wind maybe? At least they didn't know it was you and you didn't know your picture was being taken. My 4th grade picture I tried so hard to look good and it turned out so badly that to this day my own mother laughs util she cries looking at it. I'm so glad you put the photo on- it really helps to have the visual aid!
Hey, at least you didn't look quite as bad with the dude with black eyes. What's up with that...he looks like a zombie. I wouldn't swoon over that.
That is really funny though.
If it makes you feel any better, I have a picture of me with a bad haircut, in a bathrobe with a belt around it (being miserably morning sick with Kate), holding a lightsaber (Jason so lovingly staged it all...can you sense the sarcasm) looking like Luke Skywalker. To this day, Jason thinks it is soooo funny. ha ha. But I can't help looking at it and wondering why women go through the child bearing thing over and over. Morning sickness was THE WORST. I look so incredibly miserable.
Krishele - That's Jeff Whitehead. They really went at it with his stage makeup, poor guy! :)
Post a Comment