Monday, June 28, 2010
My Most Embarrassing Moment
The Date: Fall 1997
The Place: Our high school play, Pirates of Penzance
The Scene: Heart-throb guy is sitting on the ledge of a fountain, all sad like. Four dancers emerge, and make their way gracefully around the fountain, while staring longingly at heart-throb guy.
The Situation: I am not a dancer. Why they chose me to be the second emerging dancer is completely beyond me. But they did. And I think it went to my head. After so many practices, I started thinking I was good. So when opening night had a sold-out audience of over 2000 people, I put on my A-game. My moment of glory arrived and I glided gracefully on stage and began my circle of the fountain. I quickly got lost in the beauty of the moment. I was on the coast of Cornwall. I was one of the Major-General's daughters. And I was fascinated by this young, handsome man. I stared at him adoringly as I finished my loop of the fountain, then I glanced forward ...
... and ran face first into a tree.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


11 comments:
AAAAH! so classic.
Did you recover?
Did everyone notice and laugh?
hahaha! That is pretty funny! :)
hey! thar sounds like one of mine!!!
Classic! Too bad you don't have it on video. :)
Oh, ouch! Were you OK?
Katie - No one that knew me noticed, or at least the didn't mention it or admit it when I asked. I'm certain there were hundred of people who saw it, though!
Aubrey - Well, other than permanent scarring to my pride, I was fine. :)
You know, you're not alone. My kids constantly walk into things while looking back at me (or something else in the opposite direction that they are walking) and then turn around just to smash into a wall, tree, post, you name it. This is a regular occurrence.
I have issues with gauging where door frames are...I commonly smash my shoulders into them as I hurry through and try to turn too soon. Sad.
Krishele - I once did that through a brick door frame with Seara in tow. I guess I didn't realize how much wider she made me, and she hit hard. Poor baby!
hahahaha!
Walking into a street sign was one of my most embarrassing moments... Joseph was there to witness it too
Paige - On my mission I ran into a stop sign, and my companion laughed so hard at me that she wet her pants, so the tables were turned. Too bad Joseph didn't do the same! :)
AHAHHAHAHHA This all made me laugh out loud (I mean the comments, too).
That's awesome of you to share...SO funny. :D Oh, I'm bad! I'd totally laugh! But then I'd feel bad and hope you were okay.
One year at girls camp was really bad for me--I swear the trees were walking in MY path.
Post a Comment