When Seara was about 18 months old we introduced her to crayons. We were just sure that Samuel's artist gene would be passed on! Much to our dismay, Seara was more interested in lining the crayons up than she was in drawing. Frankly, I thought all kids loved to draw, but Seara utterly refused to. We accepted our fate. But one year ago all that changed. That's right. At age 4 my daughter finally took some interest in drawing. In fact, lately she draws upwards of three or four hours a day. Crazy, I know.
Seara's favorite things to draw are her sisters. She currently has two. Let me introduce you:
Of course, she is learning the alphabet:
Like most kids, Seara loves to write her name. But after she saw this, her name started taking on new incarnations ... 'Seara' with (1) rollerskates, (2) wings (Don't call them ears. Just warning ya.), (3) swirlies, (4) faces and hair.
Occasionally she comes up with really random drawings, like this giant:
But my favorite drawings lately are her self-portraits, often done while sitting on the bathroom counter, so she can check the mirror. You can't tell in the picture below, but she is actually wearing a yellow shirt with flowers on it. (Of course, the boys insisted they get pictures taken too, so here they are.)
Maybe we do have another artist in the family after all!






16 comments:
So, that picture with the monster... is it yelling at people who look like children, and are there three of them:) P.S. At least you know you are going to have two girls and Seara has already picked out the names for them.
Oh wait. Sorry it was a giant. Not a monster.
Hey! I think her drawings look great! Tommy gets too impatient with trying to draw or write something still, so his pictures end up looking like Enoch's. I'm hoping for that day when Tommy will be happy to draw!
Wow. She has an incredible amount of detail for her age. I love it!
Okay, I won't call them ears. Love all her drawings. Maybe there's still hope for Keyton. He won't even try to color anymore in primary which is sad.
What?? I can't believe you had another child and didn't tell me. I mean, I knew about Losee, but where has StepLog been all this time? Haha...I love the names she comes up with.
That's awesome she occupies herself drawing so much. Very creative.
Cara - You're not kidding about the detail! If you look closely, Losee actually has pink nail polish. :)
Good job on the alphabet. She seems like she's a bit ahead of the game on that one. I LOVE the animated name writing. Sooooo cute!
Wow, no kidding ya got another artist! Look at that. Gabi and her would have so much fun drawing together!
The roller skate one is classic! So cool to have a child who loves art!
Really great drawings! I love the variations of her name! What a creative and bright girl!
Her pictures are cute. They remind me of pictures in The Friend. You should send her temple picture in. If they even still do that... :)
Wow! She's awesome!
Oh my gosh, I LOVE those pictures! I love the long toes on Losee--and that giant picture is AWESOME. Keep encouraging her!
I would draw for hours and hours as a kid, too, and those are good memories for me. :) I still doodle.
Seara is so pretty, by the way. Such a cute little artist!
Haha, that is great! We just started Emmaline out with crayons about a week ago. She LOVES them... and yes, they end up in her mouth after a few minutes. Your kids are going to be so talented!
Post a Comment