One of my pet peeves about romance movies is that they never show it how it really is. They stop right at the giddy, titillating part and never get to the part where love turns comfortable. Okay, so it might be anti-climactic to have the movie end when things are boring. But as a nod to true love, I want to share this parody of the song Love Story by Taylor Swift (if you want, click here and watch the first 25 seconds of the original music video ... it will help you appreciate the song below).
Ain't that the truth!?
Well, my Romeo did something super romantic this week. He took two days off to tend the kids so I could skip off to Women's Conference with my mom.

We met my dad and sister (both of whom work for BYU) for lunch both days, and even ran into my Aunt Carol.
Interesting how one of the most romantic things my husband can do doesn't actually involve us being together.
Well, my Romeo did something super romantic this week. He took two days off to tend the kids so I could skip off to Women's Conference with my mom.

We met my dad and sister (both of whom work for BYU) for lunch both days, and even ran into my Aunt Carol.Interesting how one of the most romantic things my husband can do doesn't actually involve us being together.



14 comments:
OH SOOOOOOO Jealous! One of my DREAMS is to go to women's conference with my mom!!! I know, I'm a weird o. Maybe I should tell my mom of my dream. I bet it would be more likely to happen that way. What a wonderful hubby.
Man, you should watch the movie "The Buccaneers". It's a Victorian drama about 4 American women who go to England, and marry British guys, only to find out that as soon as they're married, life isn't what they thought it would be. I was totally surprised that it wasn't all happy and romantic! It was actually rather depressing. (I think I had to fast forward through a few parts...) Anyway, glad you got to go to the women's conference. What a sweet thing for Sam to do!
Okay, so the music video made me cry! (at the end when he drives up with his mom and has flowers and a dress and they go dancing) How pathetic am I?? :) I've been jealous about Women's Conference. The equivalent out here is Time Out for Women, which is actually in Omaha next week, but we opted to save money and spend it on our 10th anniversary which is also next week. I went last year though, which is probably why I wanted to go so bad this year. It was awesome! Hope you guys had a blast!
How did you like WC I? I was there too! I went with a sister-in-law and her mom and sister. We have been going for about 4 years now. My mother in law started us going and now we can't stop we enjoy it so much. Maybe next year, if I go, we can sit together!
Jeannette - Actually, this was my fourth time. I went 2005-2008, missed 2009 because we were in Baltimore, and then went again this year. I always love it, but this year was particularly wonderful!
Oh, that is so awesome. And so true. that's EXACTLY how things are going right now...except I'm still waiting for him to take me out again... And wow-Aunt Carol-I don't know that I've seen her in years! Like, Utah family reunion years!
funny song - perfect for young moms. Women's Conference must be the best.
funny movie! =) and someday when i grow up i'm gonna go to WC too! looks so great! glad you had a great time!
Love the video. Thanks for sharing. I thought I was the only one who looked forward to date night. Even if we bring Jackson along. :)
(So the deleted comment was me. I was logged in under Dan, but I didn't know if you'd know who that was. And I didn't was to creep you out.)
Loved the song. I'm glad you got to go to Women's Conference. Time Out for Women was supposed to come to Omaha and I was going to go. I was so excited because it was going to be like Women's Conference for me. However, there "wasn't enough interest" so they had to cancel the visit to Omaha. SAD! Anyway, this isn't about my sob story. Thanks for sharing the video.
That's hilarious! I think I need a date! That movie made me tear up! :) Glad you got to get away to WC! :)
That is very romantic. I wanted so bad to go to WC this year, but we all ended up sick. yuck.
You know what's really sad, that video almost made me tear up. You know you're hard up for some TLC when that happens! I'm glad you had such a great time hangin' with the girls.
Post a Comment