Whenever we go to Winslow, we have to go to The Root Beer Stand. If we lived there, the secret recipe homemade root beer in a float would be a daily staple.
Whenever we go to Anaheim, we have to go to Ruby's Diner. Located at the end of the quaint Seal Beach Pier, you take an idyllic walk to get there and Ruby's shakes are the icing on the cake.
Whenever we go to Mission Viejo, we have to go to Inka Mama's. Their green sauce is the nectar of the Gods. Seriously.
And of course, whenever we go to Provo, we have to go to JDawgs. You haven't truly experience Provo or BYU until you've had a dawg with Special Sauce. One friend of mine even had a Special Sauce fountain (you know, like a chocolate fountain) with shishkabobs at her wedding reception. It was heaven.
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Good Eats
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

14 comments:
I've never been to JDawgs, though I think I've heard of it. Was it around when I was there?
And what about Take Five in Murray? :) Haha!
Cara - Good old Take Five! I actually thought of that place when I was writing this post. Is it still around?! And no, I don't think JDawgs was there when you went to BYU. I think it opened around 2003. When you come in July, we'll go there. For sure.
You know, I never made it to JDawgs. I'll have to stop by next time I'm down that way.
And how 'bout Chee Burger Chee Burger? I must say, I wish they had one around here. That was pretty darn tasty.
Shells - Ha, ha! I thought about Chee Burger Chee Burger! I'm impressed you remembered it. Those onion rings were AMAZING! I seriously think I discovered my love of onion rings there.
This is my fav post ever.
P.S. it was our hard drive...and they can't recover anything. I guess the good news is apple is replacing it for free. But the data...oh the data...
Oh heidi, you're SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO buyest!!! :)
Oh heidi, you're SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO buyest!!! :)
Heidi - such a bummer! I mean, I'm glad they're replacing it, but still. To lose all your stuff. We finally got a second hard drive after our laptop died. If only we updated it more!
Sandra - I think you meant 'biased' ;)
Loving the Inka Mama's shout out. "nectar of the Gods" - I couldn't agree more!
Ben mentions the root beer stand at least once a month if not more...anytime we went to Winslow it was usually when the root beer stand was closed, Ben has attempted the chili fries but I never got to experience the real stuff and probably never will.
Just thought I'd mention the Root Beer Stand's taco tangles. Makes me want to take a 9-hour drive to Winslow right now!
No, no, no, no, no. You have to go to the Ruby's at Huntington beach. Trust me. Busier, yes. Cleaner and with less fishy smell? Absolutely.
Nobody has a shake like Rubys.
Yeah, the Root Beer stand is a must. Praise Jesus that it's open year-round now instead of just when school is in session!
Post a Comment