Eight years ago today I entered the Missionary Training Center. In celebration, my MTC comps and I went out to lunch. Then we went on a little jaunt to the MTC to reminisce about old times. Like how the MTC presidency had to make several announcements about not blasting EFY music outside (oops). Or how we got in trouble for sunbathing (in jogging apparel) during exercise time. We joined the choir just so we could get good seats for the devotionals. We met Lavell Edwards and Janice Kapp Perry. Sister Livingstone's mom brought us Jamba Juices during her volunteer shift. Sister Truesdell slapped an Elder for making a dumb remark. My two comps clandestinely passed out nearly 100 invitations and threw me a surprise birthday party. Sister Truesdell's journal entry from the first day said, "Today was my first day at the MT ..." because I turned out the light at 10 pm. We helped organize an underground 'dress like elders' day and put signs in all the women's bathrooms so all the sisters wore black skirts and white, collared shirts. And of course, how all our teachers thought our district had emotional problems and were constantly trying to have 'therapy' sessions with us.
So we were a bit unorthodox. But boy did we spice up the MTC! Those were the days. :)

11 comments:
All those things you never hear about going on at the MTC! I've never been inside since I didn't go on a mission, but I've got a few of Erik's pictures to clue me in. He has one picture looking like he's flying. (They had a hallway ironing board that you could lie flat on.) heehee! I'm glad you got to have a fun reunion!
WOW. You DID spice up the MTC!:) So glad you three got to enjoy some down time together & reminisce!
P.S. You all look awesome!
Wow. Didn't know any of that stuff! You guys were nuts! :)
You girls are awesome. I'm so glad I was able to know you during your MTC stay and now. You've all matured so much. I am happy you girls were able to get together and wish I could be there too.
I so wish I could've been there with you guys!
I think we were a bit unorthodox too. When you guys were there, was the motto still "Quiet Dignity?" Well, ours was anyway. They gave us signs with the motto on it to post in our rooms, on bathroom/hallway walls, or where ever.
One day me, my MTC comp, and two other sisters from our district took some pretty crazy pics of ourselves acting like heathens. (by Mormon standards, anyway!) We got the pics developed and then posted a few of our favorites on the wall just outside our rooms along with the "Quiet Dignity" signs. hehehehehe
About 3 days later, we came back from our last class of the evening to find that someone had taken them all down!!
Oh the rebels we were. ;-)
Too cute. It's AMAZING how you time flies by. You girls all look BEAUTIFUL!!! I'm a little sad that I don't get to do those things with you guys!!!
You girls were pretty crazy! The "dress up as elders" thing is classic. Not sure we ever did anything quite as exciting as your group did!
Sam - that's because "girls are better than boys." Seara said so. :)
Tucanos? I'm jealous! Sounds like you were quite the rebel. ;)
Sheles - Yeah. You know me, the REBEL. :)
So you had two companions- how cool! I think I had three...You were in there right after I left. We just missed each other! Like ships passing through the night...and I wax poetic.
Post a Comment