
Did you know that Sam and I are pretty much never publicly affectionate? Yeah, me neither. My mom pointed it out the other day. I was shocked. I tried to come up with some time that we had touched (held hands, hugged, put arms around each other, etc.) in front of people, but I honestly couldn't think of one. Finally I came up with this:
me: I kiss him goodbye when he leaves for work!Blast. So we asked my 17 year-old brother, who we've lived with for nearly a year now, what he thought.
mom: Yeah, like you'd kiss your brother.
me: Okay, for the record, I never kiss my brothers on the lips.
Sam: And actually, you're hardly ever awake when I leave for work, anyway.
Liam: Um ... I think I might have seen you hold hands once. I don't think I've ever seen you hug or kiss.Once!? That's it!?! In a whole year!? I'm trying to comfort myself by telling myself that this means that we never make people uncomfortable by hanging all over each other. Don't you hate when people do that!? Cuz we don't do it.
We're just awesome like that.

16 comments:
Wow. That's strange. I mean, I would have appreciated it in high school, as I hated those public displays of affection. I think I actually hug Allen even more when we're around other people. Either way, you guys are still a super cute couple. I love that pic!
Yeah. We're like that too. Though we hold hands when we are together places. Which, now that I think about it, isn't that often. We're never together at church. And it's not like we walk around holding hands at home. So like, when we are walking from the temple parking lot into the temple. We hold hands then. And I guess that's about it. That's pretty lame. Oh! We hug when he comes home from work. Good hug too. Mostly because we are both so tired from our days we just linger there trying to pretend like the crazy part of life is over now that he's home from work. ha. So at least we do something. :)
Yeah, it makes it awkward for everyone around you. Don't change. You love him, he loves you. That's all that matters.
I think you should make out in front of everyone just once to clear things up....like at a grocery store even, and then call it good. Or if you like the PDA thing, maybe you could schedule a time in once a week:) I mean, you and Sam, the audience could change:)
love that picture!!!
NO TO THE PDA!!!
As president of the SPARE me club (smart people against romance everywhere), I thank you for your awesomeness. But you two really are WAAAAY too cute.
In high school I joked about starting the SAPDA club (Students against public displays of affection)- very similiar to Jennifer above. WE would be the "lust busters" complete with blowhorns- there was some pretty bad PDA at my high school. Probably mostly because I hardly dated in high school (I'm probably going to do a post on this later) but I thought PDA was so gross. It can be a bit uncomfortable to be around engaged/newlywed people- but I think it's cute when married people show a little PDA. The older the married couple the cuter it is. So have you and Sam always been anti PDA or did you go through a PDA newlywed stage like most people?
Haha! This cracks me up, because apparently the viewing "public" includes your brother and parents? In the privacy of your home?
Way to restrain yourselves! Do you ever watch a movie together? Go for a walk without the strollers?
Ah well, we know you love each other.
Erin & Alyn - Oddly enough, we are this way completely unconsciously. We never decided to be anti PDA nor do we 'retrain' ourselves. We don't really think about it. We just don't touch. Who knows why? I don't remember what we were like when we were newlyweds. I'm pretty sure we were slightly more affectionate, but I know for certain that we weren't crazy lovey like many newlywed couples. And Alyn, we do date nights at least once a week, but even when we watch movies I don't think we hold hands. My mom thinks that is SO strange. Perhaps Sam and I should work on it. ;)
You are hanging all over him in this picture. And look at his hands all over your legs. That is totally PDA, you guys are so gross! Come on, get a room! :) Just kidding, I actually love that picture of you two, you guys are so cute and in no way gross!
Layne and I probably made you uncomfortable the other day. Sorry.
Bekah - I have no clue what you are talking about. Uncomfortable? What did you do?? :)
Hey, I'm with Caroline...give em what they're asking for and then some once and they'll never bug you about it again! :)
BTW Jason IS anti PDA, so we're probably just like you and Sam in that department....except for the occasional mushy kiss at home in front of the kids for the sole purpose of grossing them out. It works beautifully.
For us, it's the kids fault! We used to hold hands in the car and walking to and from the car sometimes. But now we are entertaining kids while we are in the car, and we are always holding a child, or a diaper bag or something. So now the Hubby gets a kiss when he leaves and a kiss when he gets home and a kiss after we pray together. And that's a lot!
AHhaha, that's actually kind of cute. I don't know why.
And I love that picture!
Michael and I have had to tone down our PDA-ness. We never did really hang all over each other, but STILL, we figured our publicness could use some editing around all of Michael's little sisters. :|
Balance! We just need balance!
;)~ dont hate me..
but I have faint memories of a conversation that took place at good 'ol raintree when ya'll were still dating...
(it is fuzzy so bear with me) but it covered the topic of hickies...
and how a certain individual in the relationship viewed them as something they wouldn't mind giving or receiving...
and the other individual did not see the point of such a display of a affection...
And I remember thinking that it was ironic because of who was doing the asking and who was doing the rejecting..
perhaps all in all through your time together one of you has worn off more on the other...
Regardless, ya'll have three kids so I don't think you have a "touching" problem ;) just my .02
Post a Comment