I like learning new things. I really do. I just don't like learning new ELECTRONIC things. Specifically:
1) Videotaping in widescreen. It's harder that you think.That should explain why it's April and I have yet to make any movies this year. (Yes, Cara, I realize I haven't done December, either. I'll get to it. It will be done old style, though. Oh, and I really am planning on doing our 2009 year-end movie. Eventually.) I finally decided to do January, February, and March all together. So here you go.
2) Editing movies in a new program. I seriously wanted to throw the computer out of the window. (On a side note, did you realize that that you can pay $2500 for computer software?! We got the Adobe Creative Suite 4 Master Collection last summer and I about died when I saw the price tag. But Premiere is fun. Even if I hate it.)
3) Uploading video footage to the internet. Especially when you decide to finally use your Vimeo account that you've avoided for so long. The internet can be so infuriating sometimes!
If you can't see the movie, click HERE.

17 comments:
DAH!!! I love this video. ps janae me and technology are totally not friends if it makes you feel any better. :)
Thanks, Mary. It does make me feel better. :) And thanks also being the star of the movie!
Yay! And now you are barely behind at all. Doing three in one was a good way to kill three birds with one stone. :) Good song, by the way.
GREAT JOB!!!! You rock!!!
LOVE IT! I can't get over how grown up Enoch seems! It looks like he's determined to do everything his older brother and sister do! If it makes you feel any better Janae, I hate technology too and I majored in broadcasting/film/production and editing. I used to put together all sorts of videos for assignments in classes and it was easy peezy then, but technology changes SO quickly that by the time I returned to school from the mish I felt totally out of the loop. Fast forward another 6 years, and well, it all just baffles me. That's why I will NEVER finish school- I only had 2 more semesters left but going back and finishing my degree now would be useless; I'd have more than 2 semesters of schooling to catch me up with the technology that's used today. Anyhow, I'm impressed with the work you've done Janae and better yet, you're children will grateful to have these family videos in the future. P.S. I did get your email a while back about going to the zoo together and I'm totally game for it, one of these days. This next month I'm going to be pretty busy with packing and moving, but after wards I'll contact you to make arrangements!
I love your movies! Can I hire you as the videographer for my life?
Love the video. Your kids are adorable. Looks like you guys had some fun these past three months. Awesome!
I echo everything everyone has said:
-technology moves to fast, I'm still stuck in whatever was cool when I was a full-time student (8 years ago)
-YOUR KIDS ARE SO LUCKY to have these awesome films!!!
-YOU do such a great job, and you are seriously not behind! Keep up the hard work--it's amazing
-Enoch looks like such a BIG BOY!! *sigh* they're all darling kids, well done on all accounts!
:)
I am Alyn and Erin's sister and I love your blog! I don't know why I haven't commented before, maybe because I'm a little embarrassed that I blog stalk you. Anyway, your kids are way cute. By the way, I live one street over from Erin so if you ever come to Mesa maybe we could meet.
Kori - The funny this, I feel like I know who you are because Alyn and Erin have mentioned you so many times! I'll be down in Mesa on Saturday, May 22nd (for Joe's wedding) and if there is down time, I'd love to do lunch with you and Erin. I'll try to let you guys know what's happening.
WHOA. How did I do that? Okay, I meant to say, "The funny thing is" ... but somehow the 'ing' got left off and the words combined. I'm confused.
Wow, Janae! I think that's one of the best of your movies that I've seen editing wise. Great job! And of course it's awesome to see your cute kids and how much they're growing. Tommy really liked watching the part of your kids bowling. (He loves bowling.) It looks like they all had a great time!
I loved this movie! And I really like that song, too.
I'm impressed by what you accomplish with your videos. I'm yet to figure out how to get my video onto my computer!
The movie was very cute. I'm loving the bowling with your feet idea. Really, it might catch on.
Great song! I loved Seara's bowling method. ;-) Celeste, of course, wanted to watch it again.
Hey I didn't even understand what you were saying about technology--so you don't have to feel bad at all. I loved the video. We took our little guy to the zoo last month and he LOVED it! I can't believe the things you do with 3 kids. You are just amazing. I think I need to come spend some time with you and see if any of or you mom-ness can wear off on me!
Yes, we loved the movie. And we laughed a lot when Seara kicked the bowling ball with her foot! Asa wants to watch it again! He loved it!
Post a Comment