I don't really have any beauty pageant talents. I don't play the piano, or any instrument for that matter. I don't act. I don't draw. I don't sing (well, I don't sing well). I don't dance. At all. Remember? Electrocution in action. That's me on the dance floor. And I don't do any sports. I'm pretty much your typical old lamo-shmaymo. And I am SO fine with that. Mediocre, that's me.
Unfortunately, I married into my antithesis family. Everyone in Sam's family has like a billion talents. That they are incredibly good at. As in they get scholarships to college for them. They all have beautiful voices. All excel in either sports or dance. Every single one of them can act. Most play instruments and many can either draw, carve, or paint. Even my bro-in-law's new wife sings, dances, and plays the violin. I'm pretty much the fuddy duddy of the family. Why did Sam marry me again?!
Well, this last Christmas I embraced my lameness. As a Christmas present to Sam's parents, I put on a talent show. We decorated the room, took pictures on the red carpet, served dinner, and then the show began. Everyone did these amazing talents. Singing, dancing, acting, instrumenting, they did it all.
And this is what I did:










18 comments:
Ha ha!! I wish you would post your other talent too, though! I love that book! I bet you did it great!
And what a fun idea. I'm sure it was a great night!
What a good idea. You look beautiful too!
clever you!! i know you have talents! post those next!
Hey Janae you know you did awesome. We are the moral supports of the family remember?? :)
That was awesome! Great job. You know, not everyone can play the balloon!
Now that takes talent!
That's not how I remember it from our days in Ovar. I remember you conducting the music in church WHILE playing the piano, not to mention all the singing and dancing you did around the house on our lunch time wearing...well I'll keep that between us! ;) You're AMAZING!!!!
I'm curious to know what the other acts were.
Because you're beautiful. Because you're smart. Because you come from a great family. Because your Dad was his mission president. Because he fell in love with you. So there!
Janae and mediocre are two things I would never put together. You are amazing!
I must say you probably took the cake for creativity!!!
what a family!
That was awesome! I don't have any performance talents either. Or athletic ability.
My question on seeing the formal evening, where are the 3 kids? Oh, yeah- normal kids go to bed at 7 or 8. I get to enjoy Charlie's overtired company until 10 PM most nights. Lucky!
When you said you have no beauty pageant talents you left out beauty, which I must say you DO have.
But you're also really good at playing the balloon. We should start a band. :)
I agree with sam. balloon band would be amazing, I want in.
And I'm not going to lie, Paige looks really hot in those pictures.
Along with all of the other girls of course!
:)
Alyn - Oh, I passed them off to Virginia. She sweetly agreed to babysit. Thank heavens! We couldn't have done it with them there!
Hahahaha.
GREATEST
THING
EVERRRRR!
You make me laugh.
Post a Comment