Pictures with kids, Christmas or otherwise, require some serious maneuvering. If, for example, you ignore the kids and just make sure the adults look normal, the kids turn out like this:
On a side note, we had a guys v. girls gingerbread house competition, which do you think should win? Left or right?


The must-do Christmas Eve pj picture. It took a half dozen takes to get a picture with Enoch still in place the kids generally facing the camera. The fact that none of them are looking at it is beside the point.
Then there's the Christmas morning, pre-presents picture. It may look like Elijah's squished face was an accident. Let me assure you, it was not. It took two hand for me to keep Enoch still, two hands for Sam to keep Seara still, and since there were no hands left, two knees to keep Elijah still. I'm impressed that he managed to have such a smiley face!
Ty, Lis, Sev, Li, me, Sam, Nic, Lije, Sease

Then, occasionally, there will be one miraculous picture where the majority of people are actually cooperating. In this case, four of five. That is a small miracle for our family!
And since we're now two months past the holiday, let me be the first to wish you a Merry Christmas 2010!

13 comments:
I love the knee technique! It def. worked, so good job improvising. No worries Janae, like you, I've been working on updating my blog and posting pictures from Christmas 2 months after the fact; but I can't say that I'm actually done publishing the post; still got a couple more pictures to add... hopefully I don't get sidetracked this week and I can really finish it. I do get a good chuckle remembering all of my friends who were apoligizing in January for posting pictures from their Christmas' late. If they owed everyone in January an apology, what does that mean I owe everyone in March??? Oh well, better late than never!
Definitely the gingerbread house on the right for me. Simple and organized. Just how I like it. :)
I'm loving those little trikes in the last picture. So cute! Looks like you guys had a great time...and Merry Christmas to you too. :)
I vote for the one on the left. Mainly because the icicles are super cool. That and I love bottle caps. :)
Steph - You always make me feel better. Good luck getting your Christmas post up! :)
Cara - THANK YOU. It's a girl thing, the crisp, clean, organized look.
Lissa - I knew those dang icicles would lose it for me. Darn Sam and his talents with icing! ;)
I'm gonna have to vote for the left one as well... The icicles did it for me.
And to answer your burning question: my whole family always called them cheese crisps. Joseph calls them quesadillas though
Paige - YES. At least I have Joe on my side. ;) Sam is in your camp, the traitor.
I, too, love the icicles, but I'm a fan of the organized simple look. Next year, y'all should combine forces and make a ginormous mansion using both kits to make one house. That would be interesting!
Two kits ... one house ... why did I not thinking of that?!!! Krishele, you're a genius. Between Sam and I I'm sure we could make an amazing house! (He'll do all the artistic stuff, and I'll put the house together. :)
The ladies' team had a lot less help from the 5-and-under crowd. Hence theirs has the "simple-and-clean" look, and ours has the Charlie Bucket look.
But our house tasted better. :)
Sam - Only because you tasted yours. Gross. I don't eat things that so many people have palpitated. That's disgusting. All those germs. I am germaphobe and I'm proud of it.
I love the icicles as well, but I really like the clean look of the one on the right. So I'm 50/50 on that one. I love that you have to wrestle your kids into taking photos. I'm sure we will be there as well... actually no, we are already there and Emma is only one.
It looks like a great Christmas!
Post a Comment