All through January people kept saying on their blogs, "I know it's late, but I have to blog about Christmas!" Now all of that has past and I feel really dumb saying this. But I have these pictures ... and I just have to blog about our pre-Thanksgiving vacation. And Christmas. And New Years. Yeah, I'm only a tad behind.
Bryce Canyon
Pointing out over the overlook...
Elijah: I died over there.
Sam & I: [baffled silence]
Looks warm in those pictures above, huh? Yeah. It wasn't. Who else, other than me, would take their kids hiking in snow? Some times I wonder at my own sanity. And Sam's as well. Something must be wrong with him if he married me willingly.
Zions
Why is it that a picture can never do justice to how amazing something looks? I gotta get a better camera. We loved Zions. It was gorgeous.
The pic of Seara below is my personal favorite. I don't know that I even took it on purpose. No matter how hard I try, my accidents always turn out better than my genuine attempts.
Next time I think we might try vacationing when it's actually WARM outside!
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
So, so, so behind
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
Pretty pictures! I love Elijah's comment on the first view! That's pretty funny! My Liam used to say stuff like that all the time...like he had this whole other lifetime we were unaware of. :)
I prefer insanity. It's more adventurous.
Or maybe I should have said "adventuresome". Whatever. You get the point: insanity is best.
Maybe there really is something in the whole reincarnation theory. . . :)
Rachel - Ha, ha! Whenever my kids say profound churchy things I always assume the comment was inspired. And yet when they make comments like that, I brush it off. Perhaps Lija is a prophet, foretelling his own demise ... ;)
Oh, and Sam - thanks. You know just what to say to a girl! ;)
Beautiful! We often visit southern Utah in November before Thanksgiving and you're right, it can be VERY cold. Deceivingly so.
The pictures are awesome! Glad to see you are catching up! :)
Aubrey - Deceiving is right! It looks all sunny, bright, and beautiful when you look out the window, but you open the car door and it's insta-freeze!
Ok, Elijah's died comment....I laughed right out loud!
Both places are beautiful, and you're right, pictures never do them justice. Oh, and just so you don't feel so crazy, we went to Bryce Canyon in the pouring rain!
It's not you, Janae, or the camera. The sun washes out all the color. You'd have to catch it on a cloudy day. Those pictures of Bryce canyon are very cool. It reminds me of Cedar Breaks...
Elijah, I died over there too. If you want warm, ya'll are more than welcome to come visit us in the summer. We have tons of room!
Post a Comment