Thursday, February 4, 2010

Heard at Our House

This is Seara's preferred picture face. That I have any pictures of her smiling is a minor miracle.

Seara - 4.5 yrs, 3'4", 35 lbs

Elijah - 3.5 yrs, 3'4", 36 lbs
Enoch - 1.5 yrs, 2'6", 27 lbs

Seara: When I grow up I'm going to be a ballet dancer.
Elijah: When I grow up I'm going to be a bat and have wings.

At the Barnes and Noble play area ...
Seara: Hi, I'm Seara, what's your name?
Kid: [some name]
[they play for a while, then Elijah walks up]
Seara: This my brother, Elijah.
Elijah: Nice to meet you.

Seara: Mommy, today is grandma's birthday! Happiest day in her whole wide life! [Grandma's birthday is not for several months.]

Elijah: Dad, um, Jesus didn't need a wand.

Seara: Mommy, when you grow up, you're going to be a princess.

Elijah: I was real like a pirate. Arrr!

Sneaking upstairs to daddy's office while mom was cooking dinner ...
Sam: [hearing noise at the door] Elijah, you're not supposed to be up here.
Elijah: Um, dad, I need to tell you something.
Sam: What is it?
Elijah: [slowly walks in to room and whispers into Sam's ear] Dad, mom doesn't like me at all.
Sam: Elijah, Mom loves you.
Elijah: [dejected tone] No, Dad, she doesn't like me at all. She pushed me out of the way.
Sam: I'm pretty sure she loves you, Lije.
Elijah: No, Dad, she doesn't.

(For the record, I have no recollection of ever pushing Elijah, although if I did it probably had something to do with the oven being at 450 degrees and my opening and shutting it repeatedly.)

12 comments:

Rebecca said...

Lol, don't you love what kids say! It's the best! For my birthday last year my visiting teacher gave me a spiral notebook covered with cute scrapbooking paper and a pen tied to it with a cute ribbon. The title: "My kid said the funniest thing." She said that her kids always say the funniest things, but she forgets to write them down and then forgets them, so she gave me this so I wouldn't forget. It's AWESOME!!! If I'm ever feeling down I just read a few quotes and find myself laughing hysterically!
Adorable pictures of your kids by the way!

Stacy Lynn Carroll said...

I love the pictures! So cute!

Aubrey said...

Drat those hot ovens!

Cara said...

*Love* the pictures! So darling! And classic lines. Love it!

Qait said...

Aww! I love the pictures and the little quoteables! Your kids are darling! Arg, I can't wait till I have more! SO cute.
I hope Elijah has realized by now that you really do love him... ;)
This post really made me smile and laugh.

The Pingels said...

Your kids are too funny! By the way, who is the fancy photographer? Great pictures!

janae said...

Linds - You're not kidding fancy. Not us! These were taken at my bro-in-law's wedding. And these are the 'bad' ones!

Babydoll said...

I love Seara's preferred face picture. Personality! And, hey, Lije was right--Jesus didn't need a wand! :)

ALYN said...

So, how often do you get asked if they're twins?

Same height! And only 1# apart!

janae said...

Alyn - OFTEN. Less in Utah than outside, though. People here don't really care that much about other people's kids. (They're not so unique. :) When we were in Maryland and doing our excursions, I'd say that we probably got asked at least once or twice on every single trip.

Stephen and Debbie said...

So dang cute!

Krishele said...

I'm waiting to see when those wings start sprouting out of his back.