Thursday, January 7, 2010

Sometimes


Sometimes I start thinking that I'm a pretty great mother ...

and then my three year old screams "I don't like you!" and hits his new Primary teacher and makes her cry ...

and I'm swiftly brought back down to earth.

11 comments:

That Girl said...

Welcome. It's nice here sometimes.

Caroline said...

I'm sorry:) You are still a pretty awesome mom.

Cara said...

There is a story about Skjelse and Val and nursery. I think you know it. If not, give me a call. That story should be enough to stop your worries.

Krishele said...

I thought I was a pretty good person until I became a parent. Yeah, I don't think I'm a good person anymore.

I've lost count on how many times my kids have yelled, "You're mean!!" and stormed out of the room. (yep, the 3 year old does it too.)

But seriously, Janae, if half of the world were to measure themselves by the standard you set...we'd all fail, without a doubt. So on your scale, a not so stellar mom is a wonder mom to the rest of the world. Don't take it too hard. You're one of the best around. :)

Mike Creason said...

It's funny how temper-tantrums happen when you would least like them to. We all have them, even adults. I am sure you are an excellent Mother, and when you can have a sense of humour as a tantrum happens makes you a "GREAT" Mother.

Melanie said...

If you weren't the "worst mom in the world" then you'd know that you were doing something wrong. :)

Jennifer J said...

Awesome! Love the picture, btw.

Rachel Sue said...

I am a mean mom. I admit it freely.

She cried?

janae said...

Rachel - Yeah. It gets worse. She has been inactive her whole life and just started going back to church a couple months ago. She bore her testimony in sacrament meeting for the very first time this last Sunday. My kid's gonna make her inactive again, I just know it. Poor thing. I pray for her.

Erin said...

Love the picture. Maybe I"m glad my kid doesn't talk much yet... And there's no way even SUPER MOM can control everything that comes out of a 3 year old's mouth.

Sam Ricks said...

Loving the pic. You're forgetting--Lije can have a really good Mom and a really crummy Dad. I think that's the problem.