Monday, November 30, 2009

November 09 Movie

[Originally entitled: Falling in Love] I'm not really a sappy wife. I mean, I like Sam and all, but I'm just not that gushy. I don't stare at him all the time and think about how amazingly handsome he is. I don't need to slow dance or have candlelight dinners every night. And I don't mind if we only hold hands once every other month. The thing is, after about the first year of marriage, those kinds of things didn't matter as much anymore. Most of the time I just want to talk to him. He's my best friend. And there is no one else in the world I'd rather be with. Even Girls Nights are hard, because I'd prefer to bring Sam along. I just want to be with him every moment, of every day. Because when I'm with him, it feels like home.

Then I see this clip of him with Enoch on his shoulders, and I can't help but think, "Woa. I did marry a handsome man." And I fall in love all over again.

16 comments:

Qait said...

I love that you do videos like that! It would make sense out of all the hundreds of cliplets I have. :)

You have beautiful kids!
Oh and that leaf pile is awesome!

wheaties said...

i agree he is a handsome dude :)

janae said...

Qait - I know! That was my grandma's house. We are in love. I think all the work of raking is worth leaf piles like that! Note to self: when you buy a house, look for one with huge trees!

ALYN said...

Pinestraw just doesn't rake up into a nice fluffy pile like that.

Those are priceless leaf pictures. But raking, oh that's painful.

Jessica said...

I love Elijah waving his hand, then looking up to see it and Enoch being thrown in the pile of leaves and disappearing. Life is so much fuller with kids.

Cara said...

I am loving all the times kids were thrown into the leaf pile! That is awesome! Especially the last one when Enoch just disappears in it and then is pulled out upside down and laughing. So cute!!!

janae said...

Cara - I'm glad you saw that Enoch was laughing. I was worried that people weren't gonna see his face and were going to think he was hurt. Phew!

Sharene said...

I love your videos!They are so entertaining! I agree you have a very handsome husband! Mine is too, but not in a 27 year old way!

Sam said...

I love Enoch playing with the dinosaurs. Classic! And that leaf pile was the best!

Erin said...

I'll admit I thought Enoch was crying when he pulled him out... but from fright not being hurt. That looked like so much fun! What a fun family you are. I liked Enoch in the bucket and his dinasaur noises. I don't know how boys learn to make sound effects so early!

Aubrey said...

Great video! Nice finish with the last leaf clip.

Michelle said...

Man,that is soo cute! You guys, the music, the scenery--beautiful family with perfection in the making.

Jolie said...

I loved Enoch's sweet face as the leaves were being tossed onto his face. It was the look of sheer delight!

Krishele said...

I don't know what to say...it seems everyone else has said it all.

That leaf pile was awesome. We get more leaves blown into our yard than our three puny trees drop...and even at that, we never have to rake. I guess that's the way of newer neighborhoods, aye?

Stacy Lynn Carroll said...

That is the best leaf pile I've ever seen!!!

Anonymous said...

Almost caught up! I can't believe how big your kids have gotten! So cute!