This year was my first attempt at putting together Halloween costumes. Normally I either ...
1) pretend it's not Halloween,
2) admit that it's Halloween but do nothing about it, or
3) dress my kids in their cousins' old costumes because I feel guilty for being a lame mom.
Well, not this year. This year I went all out. First, we cracked my mom's costume box and dressed up in different outfits nearly every day. Well, except Enoch. We borrowed this Nemo costume from Sam's cousin and he wore it nearly every day, just because it was so cute!

Then there were our Trick-or-Treating costumes. I spent hours and hours shopping. I bought half of every store, and then returned nearly all of it. I had numerous 'try this on' sessions with my kids. I sewed. (I hope you didn't faint at that revelation!) I went all out. And you know what I decided? I am NEVER doing that again!! From here on out, it's store bought monkey costumes for us!
2) admit that it's Halloween but do nothing about it, or
3) dress my kids in their cousins' old costumes because I feel guilty for being a lame mom.
Well, not this year. This year I went all out. First, we cracked my mom's costume box and dressed up in different outfits nearly every day. Well, except Enoch. We borrowed this Nemo costume from Sam's cousin and he wore it nearly every day, just because it was so cute!
guess who is mad at me ...
Then there were our Trick-or-Treating costumes. I spent hours and hours shopping. I bought half of every store, and then returned nearly all of it. I had numerous 'try this on' sessions with my kids. I sewed. (I hope you didn't faint at that revelation!) I went all out. And you know what I decided? I am NEVER doing that again!! From here on out, it's store bought monkey costumes for us!
Here is our inspiration:
Incredible logo Jack-o-Lantern
the Incredible Family
Liam's friend Alicia as Mirage














49 comments:
That is awesome!! And may I say, you are the spitting image of Elasti-girl, its uncanny!
We rock!
I should also mention that you and Liam actually look good in your costumes. I make my muscle outfit look BAD. Who knew my body could look bad even WITH fake muscles? :)
i absolutely believe that no family could be cuter. that is all.
Well Sam, I'm glad you didn't gain 200# for the role.
What an incredibly cute family!
If the kids don't grow too much, you can do it again next year. (If you live elsewhere, your new friends will never know!)
i LOVE it!!!! I love when there is a family theme. You guys look great! All that hard work paid off, as far as I'm concerned. :)
Oh, and I love that Liam and Alicia were involved too! Liam's hair is awesome!!
Wow, wow, wow!!!! Amazing!
Only you could pull off that Elastigirl costume. LOVE IT.
And dude. When I discovered I can BUY our costumes for way super cheaper than making them (without the fuss and stress), I had no hesitation in buying. Nor do I feel the least bit bad.
um you are amazing and those turned out AWESOME!!
Incredible is the only word for that. I have to say I've neve been a fan of the underwear over tights look- Liam and Sam are especially brave for pulling that off. I always thought I would make my kids costumes but cost and time wise it hardly ever pays off. In this case it was totally worth it so you could have the whole family in theme. Borrowing is a great option too.
Oh and your hair looks way cute as Elasta girl!
Erin - We actually borrowed Sam's suit. There is no way I could sew those muscles! :)
I'm glad you guys did it this year! You got the hair down and everything. Awesome job!
YOU ARE AWESOME!! 5 stars!! 2 enthusiastic thumbs up!! :) You all look AWESOME. Seriously. Hotness, Janae!! Well done! My favorite cartoon family, for sure!
holy cow.
I am in awe.
You guys look fantastic! I love doing family costumes. It is nice to get to choose what we are going to be. I don't know how much longer that will last until George decides he HAS to be Batman or something.
so great. you guys all look fabulous! welcome to the dark side of loving halloween! =)
WOW!!! Those are the coolest costumes EVER!
You guys look great! Way to go!
Great costumes! You guys look awesome!
wow you did go all out! I am a party pooper -- but in spite of my lack of 'spirit' Tash still managed to decorate the house up and sew Emma a costume as well.
You all look great!
Way to go!
YA!!! It's very possible that this made my day. When Sam called and said what you were all going to be I got SOOO excited!! You all look so great! I love it! :)
Oh, these are great! What a fun time you must have had!
That's FREAKING AWESOME!!!! I LOVE Halloween!!! I'm jealous of your amazing costumes, even if they took an Increadible amount of time (pun intended). ;o) They turned out great. I am waiting for my children to grow so we can do Harry Potter family costumes. But it's not good that I haven't had any boys yet. It's kind of hard to do Harry Potter costumes without Harry Potter! Curses, I may have to re-think this.
And the Best Costume Award goes to...
The Incredible Crew!
I'm very impressed! You all look awesome! Great job. I think you're going to have to do it again to see if you can out do this year. :)
wow!
GREAT JOB JANAE!!!! Did you sew all the other suits (except Sam)?
Sandra - Nah, I bought the shirts, red tights, and gloves. The shorts were all pants that I cut off and sewed into shorts, the boots were adult socks that I cut off and sewed to fit the kids, and the belts were ribbons that I sewed into belts. So all of it was premade, and I just cut and sewed to make it fit what we needed. It still took forever. :)
All of your hard work DEFINITELY paid off. What a cute idea, and everyone looks great. And you look HOT! You pulled off the Elasti-girl costume very well.
What a cute family! You guys are awesome! Looks like such a fun day for you guys!
Seriously, that is the most amazing thing ever. It's even better than my Inigo Montoya costume
WOW Janae! Your Halloween outfits are awesome! You totally look the part as Elastigirl and I can't help but laugh at Elijah's hair; I hope that hair color came out the following morning before church. Enoch totally looks like Jack? (is that the baby's name?) and Seara is just gorgeous, and oh yeah- she makes the perfect Violet (she's even shy like her right?); I'm still laughing at Sam's muscle outfit right now; it looks sort of ridiculous but don't tell him I thought so; the muscle suit sort of wears him... but you guys look amazing! and I'm particularly impressed because I think you guys are the only "Incredible Family" that thought to include Syndrome and his gal. Did you make Syndrome's outfit???
LOVE it!
Hahaha! That's totally awesome. And how perfect that you have the exact number of kids too! Not to mention how much you guys love Pixar... good job Janae! You guys look great.
Stephanie - Yeah, we made the Syndrome outfit - hair and all! We had to spray glue a wig around a small cone to keep it up. We bought the black leotard, and then painted the S on it with fabric paint - it took forever! But he does look pretty amazing!
Ok, by far the BEST costumed family I've seen this year. My vote is that you make your family's costumes every year. Seriously, it's awesome!!
Hmmmm .... Steph, apparently Sam was signed in on the computer when I commented back to you. So the answer above is from me, not Sam. :)
Those costumes are AMAZING!! You guys look..."incredible!" Ha ha!! Seriously though, time and money well spent! Love it!
Hey I'm comment number 40! Do I get a prize? Sheesh, you're popular! You sewed???!! Oh man, do your repenting, cause the world is gonna end! :) The costumes are amazing...good stinkin' idea! I'm with you, generally, with the store bought costumes. In fact, yesterday we went out and got Kate's costume for next year (There weren't any good ones that were Andrew's size) for half price. How's that for cool? Not only do I not have to figure out a costume for her next year, but I got a discount for not having to look for a costume next year. Can't beat that! You should see the proud look on my face right now. You'll just have to be in suspense for a year to find out what I got. But I must say I am way impressed with your domestic abilities on the costumes. You did awesome or might I say...incredible?
Aaahhhh -- I can't get over this!!! Sooooo fitting for your family and just plain brilliant! Great job!!!
All I can say is "WOW!" You did such a fantastic job! I can't wait to see what you pull out of your hat for next year!
SA-WEET! I love love love it! All your hard work paid off, you guys look awesome. And your kids are going to love those pics when they get older. How fun!
Your costumes are "Incredible"!!!
Be proud and happy you made yours. I have another friend who dressed as the incredible family too, except they bought theirs. YOUR'S are so MUCH BETTER!!!!! You guys truly look the part. Great job!
I must say, you all look incredible! Even the pumpkin, wow! I noticed your hair is getting much longer! No more short hair, eh?
Hi Sister!
I just loved those halloween pics, they hare amazing. I have to go one day to USA to spend a halloween.
Love Lucia
Brooke - Nah, short hair was really just a Maryland thing. I cut off about two feet of hair just before we moved out there, so I've been growing it out ever since.
Lucia - If you come, you are always welcome to stay with me!!
Okay, so hearing you guys talking about making the costumes, and ordering Liam's leotard and seeing the design... is NOTHING compared to how incredible!!! your costumes turned out. WOW!! Really, very impressive. I love it!
This is the most perfect thing I have EVER seen. Andrew anted to be the Incredibles, but it didn't really work for our family. We ended up with Batman and Robin, and mom as a pirate. Dad refuses to dress up.
Post a Comment