The main floor toilet has been plugged up for three days. I think every able-bodied adult has tried to plunge it numerous times, to no avail.
My mom announced tonight that she thinks it must be a toy the kids flushed down.
My dad replied that if it is a toy, it is probably stuck at the very first curve in the pipes. But, he said, his hands are too big to reach in the pipes. Someone with small hands has to do it. [sigh] Comparing with family members is so not fair. Even with my abnormally large hands, I still lost.
You can't help but wonder if they came up with this just to see you act the fool. It took a long, long time to convince me. And then, just when I was getting ready, Sam shows up with the camera. Awesome.
For the record, I got in above the elbow. I found nothing. That may, or may not, be a good thing.
I don't think I'm going to eat for at least a month.
ps. Don't take me too seriously. I wouldn't post this if I didn't think it was hilarious. In the most vile, vulgar, disgusting sort of way. :)





24 comments:
You're brave. I would have gone out and bought elbow length latex gloves first. . .
Yuck, yuck, yuck, yuck, yuck!!! Wish I was there to watch the drama though. :)
Oh, and I love the new look. :)
I can't believe the things you get pictures of. It definitely adds to the post but it makes me want to see your facial expressions. What no video too?! :-)
I once had a quarter fall out of my pocket into the toilet. It stayed there rattling around for a few months and I pretended I didn't know what happened. Then I finally got up the courage to fish it out. Then I jumped in the shower and scrubbed my arm vigourously with some sort of exfoiliating scrub- I was so disgusted!
Erin - I was bummed he didn't get any pictures of my face, too. I'm certain it was fabulously contorted!
NASTY! I think I may have opted for a new toilet!
So the idea of it grosses me out way more than the pictures. All I thought was that it looks like quite a clean toilet and that your hair looks totally cute!
Well, it's almost too bad you didn't find the culprit behind the clog-assuming it was an object like a toy anyway. I recall putting my hand down into our downstairs toilet a few times growing up...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!
Oh that is sooo disgusting!!!! I wouldn't have done it. (fortunately, I am married to a plumber.) So sorry it didn't work either. They have a "snake" at home depot it does the reaching in for you. I reccommend trying that. Good luck! ;)
p.s.
So glad it is your left hand and not the one customarily used to greet people by shaking their hands. ;)
Oh, Blech! Leave it to the professionals, I say!
Couldn't do it.
.....
Nope. Definitely not.
our neighbor's have had toys in toilet multiple times. It involves buying a new wax ring, and unseating the toilet.
Have fun.
You're a brave soul. I don't think I could do it.
bleh! I would have at least made them get me some rubber gloves! You're more brave than I!
I love how people focus on your hair when your arm is halfway up a toilet. Sorry I didn't capture the horrified look on your face. Should've videotaped it! :)
I am proud to call you my sister in law haha
yum.
Hahaha! I don't think there's a mom in this world that hasn't had her fair share of pulling things out of the toilet! That's farther than I've ever gone though! That's beyond where the cleaning solution goes! Good job!
You didn't even find the toy. That would have made it worth it. Brave. I'm proud of you!
You ARE a brave soul. But when you think about it, we ARE washable, so as long as you didn't go diggin' into a bag of chips immediately afterwards.... ;-)
Mmm, I wonder, could it be a clog of baby wipes? I know I often forget that we're really not supposed to flush those, but it's just so darn easy when you use them on potty training kids all day. We accidentally clogged up our landlord's toilet with baby wipes.
oops. my bad. ;-)
r-o-t-o r-o-o-t-e-r
I can't believe you of all people had to do this. I was pretty relieved that you didn't find anything disgusting. But what a brave woman!
I agree with Cara- I love the new look!
And that is the most disgusting thing ever. Ew! Thats way worse than the garbage disposal cleaning.. way worse!
Post a Comment