So you're thinking to yourself:
"I want to teach my kids to love the great outdoors. And I know I really ought to take them hiking. But my real concern is not if THEY can handle it. It's if I can handle it. I'm so out of shape it's sick."Well, my friend, you have come to the right place! Meet the wimpiest hiker and hike around: Me and Silver Lake. We're talking boardwalk and flat path. With a huge lake, ducks, mountains, and basic gorgeousness. Yeah, I'm awesome.
Now if only I had posted this before it was freezing outside. (Hey, but maybe there are great fall colors up there right now. In fact, for another week there probably are! Too bad Utah's autumn is only three days long. But if you do want to go, just drive all the way to the top of Big Cottonwood Canyon. You'll see the signs for the lake.)

15 comments:
i LOVE the pictures in this post. especially the last one of seara. she looks so happy and so grown-up!
These pictures are BEAUTIFUL! I especially like the last one of you and Seara. You both look so pretty in that picture!
Ditto on the last pic. You both look really cute! And kudos to whoever took that photo. He obviously knows what he's doing.
I love the pictures. I miss green. Everything down here is brown and varying shades of brown.
Seara is such pretty little girl. In case you didn't know, I wanted to tell you. :)
Looks like so much fun! Very fun pictures. It sounds like the perfect hike...and Utah IS brown, compared to the east.
Mel - Funny that you should say that because I feel the EXACT SAME WAY ... about Utah. Don't get me wrong, I love Utah, but after living back east, Utah looks so BROWN! :)
Blast. Okay, so I accidentally wrote the comment above under Sam's account, so it looked like he made some weird remark. So I re-posted it and then deleted the old on. But in the mean time Cara commented and referenced something I said. So now my comment is after hers when it really should be before. Okay, I don't know if that made any sense. But I had to explain.
Who cares! It's beaufitul! And how convenient to have a cabin nearby in the family for naptime...
Hey, just because it's an easy hike, doesn't mean it's lame! Good for you! I'd say you guys are making a pretty good effort on getting your kids out into nature and doing cultural stuff. You're such an awesome example no matter how out of shape you are!!!
hey i have you with an invite with an e-mail address of omeulixo@gmail...do you want me to change that or will that work?
love it!!
If we go can we make a stop at aunt Lola's cabin, too? thanks.
Ok, I don't miss the traffic, but I miss the mountains. That last picture....darling. I'm melting!
Did you know that your great great grandmother filled buckets with fish from a larger lake and hand-carried the buckets to Silver Lake so as to stock the lake with fish? That was Catherine Bow Brighton (I think.)
We did that this summer. We love Brighton and always make it a point to get up there. I'm so not a hiker myself but I love getting up into the mountains and seeing the beauty.
We did that same hike (or walk, it should be called) around that same time. I really should call you more often.
Post a Comment