1) Monday lunch: handful of chocolate chips, handful of almonds, chocolate milk
2) Tuesday lunch: 5 pieces of licorice, three pringles, chocolate milk
3) Wednesday lunch: handful of chocolate chips, ovaltine
4) Thursday lunch: pack of fruit snacks, eight pringles, strawberry milk
5) Friday lunch: half bag of popcorn, strawberry milk
Friday, October 23, 2009
Five Reasons I'll Die Before 50
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

18 comments:
Aren't almonds considered a health food? Plus, I once attended a homemaking meeting where I was told that fruit snacks are high in nutrition. Seriously.
You count your Pringles? I just know when to stop when I don't see any more in the can!
I eat junk food for meals also...aren't cupcakes basically the same as muffins???
dang girl, you pregnant again? I can't say I don't eat all those things, but I usually eat other food with them. At least you're getting your calcium in, right? My dinner the other night consisted of 8 cookies. Beat that.
Hey, Milk is VERY good for you!
At least you'll go happy, right?
I'd rather die young than old and chocolate free.
How did you EVER give up dairy again? Making up for lost time still I see. I'm a chronic "snacks are great meals" person myself. Feeding Charlotte does make me eat better and more regularly though. I think this is junk food "light" no soda, Pringles instead of potatoe chips, chocolate chips instead of whole cookies/brownies. I'd give you 'til 60 at least! :-)
Ovaltine has some vitamins in it too, at least that's what the commercials tell me. Hey, have you ever read These is My Words? If you haven't, I think you might like it.
Okay, I was skim reading and I missed the "lunch" part and I seriously thought that was all you ate on those days! Glad I was wrong. You should seriously eat better. Your kids will start noticing and will copy you you know. Then what will you do? :)
Cara - here's my plan: PUBLIC SCHOOL. The kids are gone for lunch every day! Woohoo!
To be honest, I ate a bag of mini-chocolate chips last week, bit by bit. And there's been plenty of snacky lunches around here, usually involving a string cheese plus a bread. And I really don't know what happened to that pan of brownies...
But out of curiosity, what are the kids and hubby eating for lunch?
I'm afraid your lunches are not enough calories to keep a bird healthy... Unless that milk is like 4 servings.
So, I made this amazing pan of brownies the other day (okay, let's be honest, it was a mix, but you can mess those up, you know!). Anyway, I was in danger of eating it little by little with every one of my meals and between, which is weird for me. Well, to remove temptation I dug out most of the brownies, stuck them in a container and into the freezer. Voila! Temptation gone! Of course, when Erik got home he saw the nearly empty pan and said "Wow. You ate all those brownies?" LOL
Maybe to help, you can set a rule for yourself. Like "if I eat five carrot sticks I can have the handful of chocolate chips" or whatever. Good luck!
I think lunch is the hardest time of day. It takes so much energy to think of making yourself something healthy to eat when it takes all your energy just to get your kids sat down and fed.
Alyn - Sam usually takes leftovers from dinner with him to work/art classes/wherever he goes that day. The kids usually have pb&j and two sides - maybe yogurt and grapes, or string cheese and apples, or applesauce and raisins. So they eat fairly normally. I'm the only crazy around here. :)
I wish I could eat like that... but then I would gain all of the baby weight that I managed to loose so far.... in one day, because that is how my metabolism works. I have a whole unopened can of nesquik that taunts me every time I open the pantry.
Eating right...it's a never ending battle. Does it EVER get any easier????
i love the food log--makes me laugh. my breakfast lately has the must need cup of hot chocolate and then whatever else.
You can stop at 8 Pringles? I only eat them at Christmas time when Santa puts them in my stocking because otherwise, I'd eat a can every couple days. Yum!
you know ovaltine has some nutritional value. Try adding some powdered veggies to your drinks. My hubby thinks it's weird, but he didn't notice that I put beet powder yes beet in his hot chocolate until he got to the bottom of it. It got a little clumpy. It was a trial. Not to shabby i may say.
Post a Comment