Thursday, October 15, 2009

Big Hands

About a month ago I found Seara outside drawing these:



When I asked Sease about them she told me they were "hands". Later that night she drew this:


Either Seara has discovered hands, or else she has noticed that mine are abnormally large. (They are. But they are pretty and big. So I'll keep em. Not that I had a choice. But if I did, I'd keep em.)

11 comments:

Cara said...

punk. Mine aren't pretty at all. no fair.

janae said...

Cara - YES! Validation! I was just waiting for someone to say, "You're hands aren't big!" And I was thinking, "Dude, how would you know?!" But you - YOU do know. And you agreed. Ha, ha! :)

Stephanie said...

Oh man, I was hoping it was just because she had discovered hands.

That way I could have hope that the picture my son Josh drew of a woman with hips.....BIG hips, emphasized by him saying "These are her Hips" was because he too just discovered them.

Kelli said...

It must run in the Smith side or something, cause I've always thought my hands were pretty big too. Hmm...

janae said...

Kelli - It must. I've never really noticed it before, but you can guess what I'll be doing now at the next Smith family get-together! :)

Sam Ricks said...

Your hands ARE pretty. I agree. I'm also glad you don't have 11 fingers on each hand like Seara's drawing shows. THAT would be scary.

Krishele said...

The other day Kate drew her dad while we were sitting in church and he had ginormous ears! It was great!

janae said...

Sam - Yeah, no kidding! You thought six fingers were bad - try 11! (Actually at first I thought her drawing might have been a sun.)

janae said...

oops!

Krishele - That is AWESOME! We'll definitely be in that boat soon! (You surely have heard all of Sam's jokes about his ears, right? :)

Babydoll said...

I'm sure she is just excited to be able to draw hands! Because even if your hands are big (which I'm not saying they are--because I don't know) I know you don't have 11 fingers. But you know I will have to notice your hands the next time I see you! :)

Elizabeth said...

Okay, I just read all the posts that currently show on the page when it pulls up, all the way to the one about catching up on reading everyone else's blogs because you were deep in projects. I am the same way. I get so behind on reading other blogs. But I just have to say -- like I say every time I read your blog -- that I love love love love love love love LOVE it. Really.