the WALTERS ART MUSEUM
My children enjoy reading museum literature as we peruse the exhibits. (Ha, ha!)
I know, I know. Yet another museum post. But never fear! I made a very serious attempt at making this post entertaining for you. By taking random and bizarre pictures. (Don't worry, we made sure no one was looking when we took the pictures. At least we have some shame.) In case you were wondering, though, it really was a beautiful museum. Tons of famous art. Real mummies. Amazingly designed rooms. Fabulous.
Some day I'll grow up and stop acting like a 15 year-old. But not until my husband actually looks older than 15. As long as I'm married to someone who looks like he's still in high school, I reserve the right to act like I am still in high school. But seriously you guys, I humiliated myself like this out of altruism. I did it for your sake. For your amusement. Honestly, I'm just taking one for the team. I'll take your gratitude in cash. Or comments.
I found this glass display case of "Wonders of the Universe." Notice what the centerpiece is? I mean, I know his claw is deformed and all, but honestly. Only in Maryland would the blue crab be the center piece of the display.




14 comments:
Your dance moves seriously resemble my own! Haha. Believe me, you guys aren't the only ones that act like you're still in high school. Andy and I still stand next to statues to mimic them (we even did it at the Alamo). I think everyone needs a good laugh every once in a while. If you're serious all the time, life would be so boring.
Those pictures were very amusing. Thanks for that. And I think going to so many museums is definitely not a waste of time. You are becoming very cultured!
The equal rights poster has me giggling like I'm 15 although we all know there is no way I could ever pass for 15 (even if I was married to Sam)
The poster is very thought provoking - I mean I had never thought about transgender people peeing or where they go to do it - now my head is spinning :)
I have to admit...I did laugh out loud at the poses. You guys crack me up. And I love the first pic of the kids reading up on the museum. That's funny!
no comment on the flyers
Huh. We never see any of those flyers out here, go figure.
Are they serious? Really, I'm curious. And I made my hubby do that once where you imitate the artwork: he hated every second and was completely humiliated. Feel grateful you have a good sport!
I love your poses! So funny! I especially love the picture of you with the statue - face and all!
I love Seara's hand on her face in the top picture. The kids are obviously really in to the whole museum experience!
I absolutely love the transgendered signs! How hilarious! They probably are serious, but it makes for a great picture to be passed around work! =)
This makes me wonder...the next time I see Brad Pitt heading into a restroom, could I claim to be transgender and follow him in?
I love the picture of your kids and the museum lit. They look about as interested as a bunch of kids being lectured in a university math class.
As far as the transgender thing, um do they not realize that the bathroom stalls have doors on them...that can be closed...and locked? Seriously, no one is going to see anything...we hope
I think the caption on the picture of the kids should read "Another one?" The Year mom and dad took us to every museum on the East Coast plus some old houses. They can say they've been to a lot of cool places even if they might not appreciate it now. It looks like Samuel is trying out to be the next pope. Thanks for taking one for the team. This player on the team got a good chuckle out of it. Especially the transgender poster.
My sister had done the "pose like the statue" pictures as well. You're not that strange.
I love that they named a museum after us! HOW AWESOME!
Post a Comment