Sunday, February 15, 2009

Seara's Primary Scripture

Sam is so gonna hate this picture. But it was the cutest one of Sease!
Today Seara gave her very first scripture in Primary! She had it memorized, which didn't really matter since she tried to eat the microphone as she recited it and no one understood a word she said. I had worried that she might be nervous, but apparently she is her father's daughter: she loved the audience and hammed it up.

Here is a video we made this morning of her scripture. Elijah insisted on doing it as well, of course. (Oh, and Seara spilled on this outfit after we made the video, hence she is wearing something different in the picture above.)

"2 Nephi 2 :20 And [Adam and Eve] brought forth children; yea, even the family of all the earth."

16 comments:

Rachel Sue said...

Hey, in response to your question-- I dear johned Jeff Johnson.

Natalie said...

super precious. i totally watched that video like 3 times.

Aubrey said...

Very, very, very cute. Seara is getting so grown up.

Cara said...

That is so cute! What a great idea to video it. :)

ALYN said...

CUTE!

It was also fun to hear your actual voice Janae! Since I've only met you once, but READ your "voice" all the time.

Molly said...

That was pretty much adorable.

Lyndi said...

So cute - Gabi loved watching it!!

Anonymous said...

So cute! It is so hard to believe how big she has gotten!

Stacy Lynn Carroll said...

I just love when the younger kids give talks/scriptures/prayers in primary! Its so cute to watch them get up there! I'm impressed she had it memorized too.

Bekah said...

So after church on Sunday the 8th of Feb. I found a little paper that said that Sabrina was assigned to do the scripture in primary on Feb 1st. Nice huh. I don't even know if she did it or not. If she did do it, we totally missed it.

Krishele said...

I'm afraid my experience has been like that of Bekah's. I think I knew when Kate did something in Primary once and after that...? I've been told that she's the go-to girl when somebody doesn't show up to do their part. That is very easy to believe because she just LOVES the spotlight.

That Girl said...

Well, hel-LO, newly found love of my life. Totally dig your blog - and your hair. You have great hair. I think I'm suffering from hair envy, here.

So, HI! You hooked me.

Cranberryfries said...

I love when the kids get to do stuff in primary. It's so fun to watch them participate and be excited about it. What a doll.

Roberta said...

Hey! I don't know if you remember me, but we were in your ward (Wyview) when we were newly married...Jimmy and Roberta O'Loughlin. Anyway, my husband and I were reminiscing about those days and you're about the only people we remember the names of. I love!!! your blog and have read [too] many of your entries!!

How did I find you?...Unfortunately, you can find almost anything with Google...

Cute family!!

janae said...

Roberta - I don't know if you'll get this, but since your blog is private I can't go there to comment. I hope you check back and read this! OF COURSE Sam and I remember you guys! Those were such fun days, the freedom of constant group dates and no kids to worry about! We miss Wyview. So sad that they turned it over to the singles. Anyway, congrats your two girls and Sam says that it is 'awesome' that you live in St. Louis. He lived there for a few years as a kid.

Good old google. I used to try to hide myself, but it's no use. Google is amazing! A little while back, though, another girl with my name married a Ricks so at least there are two of us now. And she has tons of facebook, etc stuff so she hides me a bit. :)

Babydoll said...

I love that you worked so hard on this at home. Usually the person with the scripture doesn't even really know they have it until their parents are trying to get them to go up front. Seara did a good job!