Enoch: 7.5 mo, 19 lbs, 28 in
Elijah: 2.25 yrs, 32 lbs, 36 in
Seara: 3.5 yrs, 31 lbs, 37 in
Well it's no wonder I always get asked if Seara and Elijah are twins! She's an inch taller, but he's a pound heavier!
He Said, She Said
Seara: No Elijah, don't jumping. You do jumping and you go to time out.
Elijah: Seara is a boy.
Me: Seara is a girl.
Elijah: I'm a girl.
Me: You're a boy.
Elijah: You're a boy.
Me: Nope, I'm a girl.
Elijah: Daddy is a girl.
Me: Nope, Daddy is a boy.
[overheard from outside their bedroom]
Seara: Are you ready to shine in the sky?
Elijah: No! No shine in the sky!
Seara: Yes! Yes shine in the sky!
Elijah: NO!
Seara: YES!
Elijah: NOOO!
[fighting sounds ensue]
Words & Songs
About a week ago I was sitting on the couch reading a book, while the kids read their own books on the floor beneath me. Elijah, completely out of no where, suddenly exclaimed, "Bikit!" and began to giggle. He said it again. And giggled more. So I asked, "Bikit?" (obviously wondering what he meant). We at that, Elijah lost it. He couldn't stop laughing. For the rest of the day, all you had to do was say "bikit" and Elijah would burst into giggles. Since then he has discovered a real love of words and the way they sound. His favorites - that bring endless repetition and laughter - are "bikit," "click clack," "hip hop hippity hop," and "berserk."
While Elijah discovered his love of words, Seara discovered her love of music. As much as I loved Singing in the Rain, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, and Meet Me in St. Louis growing up, I couldn't help but make fun of how RANDOM it was for people to suddenly begin signing to each other. It was so fake! That doesn't happen in real life! But, just as I have eaten my words for every other dramatic thing I've said, I've recently eaten those ones as well. Because MY LIFE is now a musical. Thanks to my three year-old, who can put any request or comment to song, and then requires that you answer back in song. Don't you wish you could be a fly on my wall?!

14 comments:
I so wish I could be a fly on your wall. There's no end to the entertainment! So if you answer back not in song, does she ignore the fact that you answered? That's really funny about Lije. It sounds like he's a regular comedian...just a happy kid. I'm also liking the section heading "He Said She Said" with your permission, I'd like to use it on my own blog to note random jewels that my children come up with.
Krishele - Of course you can use it! It's all yours! :)
i'm sure its so great to see them interact with each other. mae is so funny with her friends, i can't imagine if she had a playmate all day, every day.
Aaaaah! What a great laugh! I needed that. Thank you! :-)
so cute! like the stats. having built in friends is the best. love the blog.
So cute! Sorry we have been AWOL for so long! Super busy! We are working to update the blog right now! It is aways fun to catch up thru your blog!
LOVE the shine in the sky conversation. And I love that Elijah loves words. That's awesome. :) And the living in a musical thing is so adorable and funny. I'd love to see that in person. :) Reminds me of when she used to flip out when you would sing and start saying "No! No! No! No!" over and over again. Times change. :)
"Bikit?" Let me know if you ever find out what it means. Inquiring minds need to know.
I think "bikit" (Lije's favorite) and "I like a bunson" (Seara's old favorite phrase) must have some mystical connection that we'll discover the meaning of after death.
These posts with-in posts are awesome! They just leave me with too much to say!
-Enoch is so big, I know 1 year olds that are 19 pounds! Pretty soon people are going to think your kids are triplets!
-So is Elijah having some gender identification issues or is he being funny? I really wonder what that whole shine in the sky was about. I love it when kids start to make their own jokes. Alyn's little girl Madi would say, "I'm mad!" and giggle hysterically.
-Please, please, please try to get some of the Rick's family musicals on video. Although my imagination is having a good time coming up with how that would sound!
-Thanks so much for the comments on my blog as well. Too bad Maryland isn't closer because we do agree on a lot of things!
-Oh on the piano thing I'm sure you have a kind you would like in mind but... we had one of those electric piano's on loan (not the cheap lame-o ones) it had a full keyboard and the keys were weighted so it felt and sounded and looked almost exactly like a real piano. The difference- a whole ton lighter and it doesn't go out of tune. We thought we'd get one of those one day so we don't kill ourselves moving it (that's what our new bookshelf is for after all)! Sorry so long... again!
I love that your life is like a musical. I always thought it would be easier to understand people if they just broke out in song whenever they were feeling some kind of emotion. And wouldn't you spend more of your time smiling if everyone was randomly singing?
Musicals are wonderful, even if they appear to be fake. They are real to people somewhere.
I love the gender discussion. Very funny! I laughed out loud.
awesome. your kids are hilarious, I'd love to be a fly on your wall! That's why your blog is so awesome, we get to peek into your family's world!
Oh, and I sort of am a fly on the wall, don't you think? (Here to study but hardly leave my office?)
Post a Comment