Thursday, February 26, 2009

Double Whammy!

My niece was born this morning in Michigan!! This is Trent's fourth. Trenton is a whitey like me and Lyndi is half Peruvian, so you never know what their babies will look like. They already have one lighter than Trent and one darker than Lyndi, so really, it is always a surprise.

-and-

My brother Tyler got home from his mission this afternoon!! I was there via phone and could tell when all the missionaries came out because the airport went into a sudden uproar. They say he is super tan with really blond hair. Ty served in Argentina, Buenos Aires North - the same mission that Trent served in and that my dad served in (although in my dad's day it was just 'Argentina North'). Despite having all served in the same place, they never shared an area.


Interestingly, my brother Davis and his family also moved today - they are off to Pennsylvania for Davis to get his MBA at Wharton. And Cara's husband started building his new office this week in Nebraska (he is a pediatric dentist). And next week Ryan will be turning in his mission papers. We're a busy family!

19 comments:

Babydoll said...

I am so excited they had their baby. And Tyler is home! I knew it was getting closer and closer because of Grandma's letters. Your family really is busy!

Megan said...

Exciting day for you family! Tell Trent and Lyndi we said congratulations!

The Parkers said...

I'd say you guys are busy...congrats on all the changes!

Cara said...

Man, we're exciting this week! Yay for everyone! It's good news all around. :)

Stacy Lynn Carroll said...

What a fun, busy week for your family! I can't believe how spread out you have all become! Lots of excuses to vacation though, right?

That Girl said...

I be from Michigan. It's a great place to be born.

steph said...

Yay!! I'm excited!

heidizinha said...

do they need a house in philly? my sister is selling theirs and they are in a ward with lots of wharton students.

Rachel Sue said...

Congratulations all around!

janae said...

Heidi - I think they are actually planning on renting. They are keeping their house in Utah and just renting it out (they already have renters with an 18 month contract), and I don't think they want to do the two house thing. But I'll let them know just in case! :)

Melanie said...

WOW! Exciting news all around. Tell Trent and Lindi congratulations. They have such beautiful girls, I'm sure this one will follow suit. I can't believe Tyler is old enough to have gone on a mission, let alone return from one. And Ryan turning in his papers? That's crazy. Does that make Liam about 16? WOW! Time flies...and I'm getting old.

Sarah Johnson said...

wow wow wow! lot's of exciting stuff! congrats. I'm sure the latest addition to the family will be beautiful. Let's face it. When you mix whities like us with the more "exotic" = gorgeous! I've gotta find myself one of those :)

janae said...

Mel - I can't believe you could even guess Liam's age. You're amazing! Yup, that makes him 16. We are OLD!! :)

The Pingels said...

You are a busy family! I'm still awaiting the birth of my new niece any day now. And on your last blog, I totally get the twins comments too, and now I'm buying twice the amount of clothes because they both wear the same size.

heidizinha said...

well if my sis can't sell theirs, we should put them in touch!

Krishele said...

Wow, it's hard to keep up with you guys. I'm glad it's all good new though!

Lissa Nelson said...

By the way, Davis and Asialene haven't really moved yet. I mean, they've moved out of their house, but they're staying in Asialene's parents house now. We were making jokes all weekend about how we were amazed that they were back from Pennsylvania already just to see Tyler! The best part is that since I'm so clueless, when I saw you write that they had moved, I assumed you were right. :)

janae said...

Lissa - you are HILARIOUS!!! I wrote that sentence very carefully so that I didn't have to spend three or four sentences explaining how they were at Asialene's parents until Davis moved to PA alone for a month, then Spain, then Mexico, and that they were all going out to PA in August. I figured I'd just say they moved (they did, out of their house) and that they are headed to PA (they are. In August.) That is really, really funny that you didn't realize that they were still in Utah!!!

Sam Ricks said...

Janae, I think way too many people comment on your blog! :) You're stinkin' famous!!!