First, what better way to celebrate Christmas than by reading Calvin & Hobbes?? (Click to enlarge.) Just FYI, these are from two different years, not meant to be in succession.

Second, in an attempt to make up for my dismal Christmas as a missionary (out for the entire week of Christmas with a bout of food poisoning that caused hallucinations about dying), we invited the young Elders and the elder Sisters from our ward over to celebrate Christmas Eve with us. I made this little movie for their families. My intent was to make their mothers cry (or daughters, as the case may be). :)
Thursday, December 25, 2008
Calvin & Christmas
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
Calvin and Hobbes is awesome!
I think we made those missionaries' day. Great idea!
Those missionaries had no idea what they were getting into when they agreed to come to dinner! :) Looks like a wonderful time! Merry Christmas!
Oh and the Calvin and Hobbs is so perfect!
Way to be a shining example again! Wow, I think you'll get all sorts of golden kudos under your name in heaven. I don't know why, but I always feel kind of weird around the missionaries. Maybe cause we never had them over as kids because we were all girls or that I waited for one and always felt like people were looking down their noses at me for that, or it could be that I've never been a full time missionary and so I really can't relate to their experience...or maybe all three. But good job for doing what I'd be too wimpy to do. I admire your thoughtfulness. :)
I loved your movie Christmas card. You really have a beautiful family. I hope you had a merry Christmas!
Fun movie. So did you email it to their families? How are they going to watch it?
Cara - I made a quicktime file and emailed the movie to all four families on Christmas morning. The missionaries are planning on coming over again in the next couple days to watch it over here. And then I'm gonna burn dvds for each missionary so that they can have good copies of themselves.
That's an awesome idea. I bet the Missionaries had a blast! They look like they did.
Calvin and Hobbes was hilarious.
Merry Christmas.
I want to be like Calvin when I grow up!
What a beautiful Mary!
We always used stuffed animals as our Mary, Joseph, baby Jesus, and everyone else from the Christmas story. Using real children is a great idea. When James wakes up, I'm going to make him watch it. So cute!
Post a Comment