Thursday, December 18, 2008

D-Day

At Christmastime each year I follow the centuries old tradition and make a plate of goodies to take to all my neighbors.

This year, however, I've decided to add another gift to give with the plate of goodies. Nothing in the world is as important to me as the gospel of Jesus Christ. I feel so blessed to know that God knows me, loves me, has a plan for me, and wants me to return to him. So, this year as we celebrate the birth of the Savior, I am going to share my testimony of him.

I have four Books of Mormon and seven DVDs (about the Restoration and the Savior).

Today is D-Day. I am really excited ... and just a tad nervous. Hopefully people are home.

Pray for me! I'll let you know how it went when I'm done ...

13 comments:

Cara said...

Good luck, good luck, good luck!

Kelli said...

Oh the best of luck with that. I have to admit I just don't have the courage to do that. Of course, it doesn't help that I only know a few of our neighbors, for most around here speak Spanish and I don't. Just remember that maybe now you won't see any response, but there may be a small interest growing for years to come. Good luck!

Babydoll said...

I really admire your courage. I think things will go just fine. I am not afraid to talk about my church life with others, but I don't really go out on a limb to share what I love. You have inspired me. I am going to try and do better.

Sharalea said...

You are awesome. Best of luck!! I'm excited to hear the responses you get!

heidizinha said...

good for you janae. i'm really proud of you.

Anonymous said...

You are a brave family! Best wishes!

Melanie said...

That's an awesome Christmas gift. Good luck! I hope everyone is home!

Kristine said...

Good luck! You are brave. I'm a chicken ;)

Anonymous said...

I commented back to you on our blog... is that proper blog etiquette? Here we will try... How did your gift giving go?

janae said...

I say it's proper etiquette. When I asked the question on your blog, I actually subscribed to the comments (you know, the "Email follow up comments to..." button) just in case you decided to answer me. :) I'm gonna post about the gift giving later on today, so I'll let you know then!

Rebecca said...

Good for you Janae! We aren't even getting the cookies out this year. It has been crazy! BUT the Christmas cards went out today. So YAY! At least I got those!

Janell said...

If only I could follow in your example. I can't even get my visiting teaching done, much less be a missionary to my neighbors! You are amazing and I hope it all goes well. Can't wait to hear of the response :)

Asialene said...

Great job, Janae! What a wonderful example you are to all of us.