Wednesday, February 20, 2008

It's a ...


Ha!! Did you really think I was going to tell you the gender?! :) We did have our 20 week ultrasound, but we told the ultrasonagrapher at the hospital that we didn't want to know the gender. We asked him to take a picture of it and then we'd seal it up in an envelope just in case. But, after he was done doing all the standard measurements, he spent five minutes just trying to get a gender angle. Finally he told us that he wasn't having much luck getting a good shot - and that he didn't even know the gender of the baby. He said we could try for another few minutes and see what happens, but I told him not to worry about it. We wanted the baby to be a surprise anyway.

Truthfully, neither of us are all that anxious to know the gender, anyway. We have one of each, and both my kids are still so small. We have all the stuff we need, so why not? I couldn't have ever done this before, and I don't know if I could ever do it again, but this time everything fell in place. So, if you want to know the gender of the baby, wait until the 4th of July!

7 comments:

Davis Smith said...

Wow! I could never do that! And honestly it doesn't seem like something you would do either since you're such a PLANNER (I know - it doesn't really change your plans, but still)! You are the third person I know who is waiting (all recent). Crazy!

Ruth said...

I agree. I don't think I could do it. You do a great job on your blog. It looks great.

Cara said...

I'm so excited to find out! :) The idea of waiting is so fun, though I don't know if I could ever do it. So I'll live through you. :)

allie said...

I totally scrolled down below the picture, expecting to find out! I completely agree with Cara. It's very exciting, but I don't think I could do it! (especially because we have no pink in our house) :)

Karen said...

You're really 20 weeks already???!! I was still thinking that you were just 12 or 14 weeks along. Silly me! My sister had a girl and a boy, so she wanted it to be a surprise for her third as well. She was going for the surprise with her 4th, but her husband slipped!:) That will be fun for you.

Lyndi said...

I think I would do the same thing if we had one of each. It would make it so much more exciting! Do you have names for each gender? I can't believe you're already going to have three? Good thing they're so well behaved! Lucky girl!

Rebecca said...

You guys rock! I don't know if I'd have the discpline to say no. If I had a boy and a girl then maybe, but I doubt it. Te he he.