Why is it that we choose to talk about some things, and others we simply never mention? For example, why is it that most of my family doesn't know that I have some friends living at my house ... like my little sister Lissa, who found out when she came over and there were strangers just hanging out here. Isn't it funny how we all are??
Well, I'm not sure why I haven't mentioned it before, but here you go. I have friends living in my house. They've been here over a week, and will be here at least another month or so. We met Cavin and Angie Vach when we lived in Wyview (an apartment complex at BYU). We parted ways soon after we met (they went to Seattle, then Mesa; we went to West Valley, Provo, then here in Spanish Fork). Angie and I have emailed and called back and forth periodically for the last two years, so we've kept contact.
About three weeks ago Angie called me in a panic. Cavin had applied for a job here in Utah and gotten it (yay!) but the company wanted him up here by February 11th (two weeks from then). See, they problem was that they not only have a 17 month old son, Braden, but Angie was pregnant with a girl, due on February 14th. She talked to her doctor and convinced her to take the baby early - on January 31st - but she was going to have to pack up their entire house with a very active toddler and a brand new baby, all while recovering from a c-section. Then they would have to face a 13 hour drive from Mesa, Arizona up here to Utah. And they would have no where to live. Well, duh. Of course she would live here until they found a place!! So they arrived here last Saturday, February 9th. They've been trying to house hunt, but life hasn't been so kind. You think this last paragraph sounds bad. It gets worse.
Well after just a couple days here, Braden got a terrible flu. He vomited and vomited, and what he did get down came out as diarrhea. Then, on Thursday (Valentine's day), Cavin and Angie got the same bug and spent the entire day sick in bed. On Friday they felt a bit better, just well enough to rush their newborn to the hospital when she turned blue. She had her lungs pumped and various tests run - thank heavens it wasn't RSV - and she was discharged a few hours later. By Saturday Braden still wasn't keeping anything down and that afternoon he was admitted to the hospital because he was so dehydrated. He was there most of the day and only got discharged late that night. So now its Monday, and Braden is still having diarrhea, and Angie and Braden have terrible head colds.
All this time Samuel, Seara, Elijah, and I have come through relatively unscathed. Samuel feels a bit flu-ish, and Seara and I have colds, but what we have is mild compared to them. I feel so bad for Cavin and Angie, though. I sure hope life doesn't keep heading downhill for the two of them!
Monday, February 18, 2008
Things I Never Say
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Oh sad. :( I know I don't know Cavin and Angie and their babies, but I'll pray for them. Sounds like they are going through a heck of a time. Glad I have a sister who will help them out, even when her own life is plenty busy. You will be blessed forever Janae. :)
wow. that's tough. you guys are so nice to help them out. it's so hard to deal w/sickness, especially when there are so many under one roof. i hope you guys all start to feel better soon! and thanks for posting! i'm incredibly bored lately so post lots! :)
OH my gosh! I had no idea! Tell Angie I hope everything works out with their house hunting. It sure would be fun to have them in Spanish Fork. I'm glad to hear their baby is okay too...she looks adorable!
It is so nice of you guys to have your friends stay there. You must be a true friend since she felt comfortable asking you this favor!
Post a Comment