Wednesday, February 27, 2008

See - I KNEW God loved me!

RIP
My Pink RAZR
September 14, 2006 - February 14, 2008


I guess a lot of you know this by now, but my dear old pink razr has gone the way of all the earth. About two weeks ago I woke up one morning and my phone was off. Bizarre. I never turn my phone off. So I turned it on. A few hours later it was off again. And for a couple days it would just randomly turn off every couple hours. But never during a phone call, so I was safe. After a few days it wouldn't stay on for more than a couple minutes, but I could still turn it on, and it would never lose calls. Then suddenly it wouldn't turn on unless I plugged it in to charge, waited for the 'charging' thing to come up, and then turned it on (even if the battery was fully charged). Soon it would just randomly drop calls. And, as of a few days ago, it won't turn on at all. Blast. But, never fear, God will interfere!



Two days ago Samuel's brother Paul came over and asked why I never answer my phone. I told him, and he proceeded to tell me that a while back a friend of his gave Paul the friend's phone. It was practically new and in fabulous condition, they just didn't like the phone. So, Paul offered it to me. He didn't get a charger, but I could have the phone. Miracle of miracles - it was not only a Verizon phone, but it uses the same charger as my pink razr. So today I changed it over to my phone and my number. YAY!!!

ps. Obviously I have to start my phone book from scratch because for some odd reason, Samuel doesn't have any of my important numbers in his phone. Go figure. So, to all my dear friends, call me so I can get your phone number again!!

4 comments:

Cara said...

I'm so glad his phone worked! How perfect! You are definitely loved. :)

Karen said...

I just got a new pink RAZR exactly like that one. I hope it doesn't come to the same fate eventually. I have actually been very impressed because it seems to last a lot longer on "low battery" than my old phone did. I'm glad you had a free solution to your problem!!

allie said...

You may be able to get the phone numbers off your old phone. When Devin & I got new phones, at the Verizon store they have this cable that they hook up to your phone and it exports all your numbers to your new phone. Mine was broken so I hadn't brought it in with me, but they told me they could have still gotten the info off. I'm not sure, but it may be worth a try!

Sarah Johnson said...

Jan! (now come on, how could I possibly forget you, me, and your not-so-secret admirer?--creep :) So good to hear from you...and I am glad the phone situation got resolved! I'm also glad that I can now track your adventures on a regular basis. I love your blog! Life in Haiti is good, but overwhelming right now. The sunsets though, are gorgeous!
(Thanks for checking in :))