Sunday, February 10, 2008

February 29th


Does any one else feel like February 29th should be a holiday of some sort? I just feel like we should have a party every February 29th, especially since it only comes every four years. That makes it special, right? But what kind of party should it be? It kinda feels like a Friday the 13th - so kinda bad luck/spooky? But then it is also so close to Valentines and Spring, so maybe something more happy and fluffy? I need ideas. Suggestions. Comments. Anyone?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe we should only have it on the off years! :)

Karen said...

Ethan doesn't particularly love the snow! He managed through the 5-10 minutes we were in our backyard on the sled. We just wanted to get some pictures with him in the snow. He has touched it a couple times, but he seems to like just looking at it falling and on the ground. He didn't get too upset while we were outside with him, but we knew our minutes were numbered!

Cara said...

I totally agree...it should definitely be a holiday. We should totally start our own tradition. Something original. Not sure what though.

Davis Smith said...

Davis and I think it should be set apart from Valentine's Day and Spring. We already get Valentine's Day every year and it seems too early to get anyone's hopes up for Spring since it'll still be really cold outside. So, there's my opinion. Sorry I don't have any suggestions! Good idea though.

Sarah said...

My mind was going along those same lines too! I thought it would be cool to have a birthday party for the "Unknown 29th-ers" (I don't happen to know anyone born on that day.) Doesn't a random birthday party for people you don't know sound fun? There could even be a white elephant gift exchange since you wouldn't be bringing presents for a particular person. I, for one, am going to celebrate the 29th. It's Tommy's first leap year! (His birthday is 3 days later though...)
Anyway, there's my idea! :-)