Its been a while since I did an update on the kids, so here you go. One of our recent exploits includes Seara finding Balmex (diaper-rash cream) and thinking it was lotion, and wiping it all over her face. It was mildly gross, mostly funny. Seara was also recently acquired the ability to annoy the heck out of me by following me around all day begging, "Gee-bee! Vee-yo!" (Hard G, like the last name McGhee or McGee) Go ahead and guess what those are. Seriously, just try. Because I know what they mean, but Samuel couldn't figure it out. I hear it a thousand times a day, but rarely give into (at least not more than once). Give up? She is saying "TV! Video!" I wish I could get her to say it on camera! I'll keep trying. It really is so funny to hear her baby voice say that! Here's her gee-bee hidden conveniently behind my couch. 
One of the funnest things about having kids close together is just starting to happen here - that is that my kids are starting to play together. One of Seara's favorite games has always been having us chase her and call out, "I'm gonna get you!" So recently she began to crawl after Lije saying "I geet you! I geet you!" Elijah thinks its pretty funny and always crawls away giggling.
Seara has also discovered recently that is now tall enough to open and reach into my kitchen drawers. She especially loves the measuring cups and wooden spoons, and will spend hours opening and emptying the drawer, and then refilling and shutting the drawer. The thing that is particularly cute about this whole thing is that the very first thing Seara does when she gets into the drawer is to pull out a few things for Elijah and to run give them to him to play with. I know what you're thinking: "What a good big sister!" And its true, that is pretty nice. If only she would stop stacking the couch cushions on top of Elijah and then climbing on top of the pile!
Elijah has started saying some words beyond "mama" and "dada". His first real word was "no". I guess its quite obvious that there is a toddler in the house! After that he began to say "No way!" and "No, no, Rara!" (I assume Rara is Seara.) Then a couple days ago he started saying "amen" at the end of prayers. It took a few times before we actually believed our ears on that one!
Lije also spends most of his time standing now, although he's not too keen on walking along things yet. If he's standing at one end of the couch, and he wants to get to the other end, he'll still get down and crawl there, then pull himself back up to standing. The lazy gene in me cries out against that one. What a waste of energy!
There you go. My kids in a nut shell. I have recently discovered that nearly every kid Seara's age is going through the same things she is, and same with Lije. So this may not be very fascinating to anyone but grandmas. For example, for some reason my neighbor Melody doesn't seem to get all that excited about Elijah's accomplishments. Oh wait. That's because her daughter (Elijah's girlfriend) Maddie is only five days older than Lije and does every thing he does five days earlier. Anyway, if this post bores you, then you are dumb. You should have stopped reading five paragraphs earlier.
Thursday, October 25, 2007
Kiddy Update
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
All kid stories are adorable, especially when they are related to you! I love reading stories about your kids. I still can't believe that Elijah is starting to talk! I think your kids talk early because you're so good at talking to them, even when they can't talk back. Yes, we do need to plan a playdate sometime. Perhaps Thanksgiving Point or the Aquarium would be fun. I think it will be sunny throughout this week.
Janae I love reading your updates- especially since my stories relate somewhat to your own. In fact- yesterday Noah found Balmex and put it all over in his hair- he thought it was hair gel. This happened the second before we left for church, so I tried my best to rub it in good so his hair wasn't all nice and white and gooey. I bet Seara just thought Balmex would be extra helpful in keeping her skin smooth since winter is approaching! Seriously, maybe it's gross, but I'm sure it works! Love the updates! Oh by the way- Elijah's pretty dang smart to be talking already! Very impressive.
Just wait until Seara can figure out how to turn the movie on herself. Harrison has figured out how to turn on the tv and dvd player and change dvds to watch the one he wants. I have to keep a close eye on that boy!
Post a Comment