Monday, October 1, 2007

Garden Goods

Fall is here and it seems like everyone has an abundance of fruits & veggies from their gardens. That was a bummer to me because we weren't able to plant anything this year; BUT thanks to the generosity of my mom, Grandma Smith, and my sweet neighbor, I was given bags of apples, zucchini, squash, and tomatoes. So, I have spent most of this week trying to use things up before they go bad. Here are some of my creations:

Apples from Mom


Apple Pie (I love making these, but this particular one was the best one I have ever made - the apples were absolutely perfect for pie making!!)


Zucchini & Squash from Grandma, Tomato from Sheryl


Zucchini Bread (the powdered sugar is only there to hide the fact that the bread stuck to the bundt pan - it doesn't hide it as well as I had hoped!)


Squash-Cheese Sauce (I forgot to take a picture when it looked nice, so this is of Elijah's left-overs. We put the sauce on baked potatoes.)


Marinara Sauce


Fried Zucchini & Squash with Tomatoes, Onions, & Cheese

7 comments:

Karen said...

All of the food looks so yummy. Do you want to come be my personal chef? You really don't like your new house anyway, right?!!!

katieo said...

oooo, I'm getting hungry.

(And I love that I saw Zuchinni bread after the zuchini...lol)

Cara said...

um, all I can say is yum! That wasn't fair to do to a pregnant person! ;)

austinamasandra said...

everything looks so hummy...next time you need to post the recipies that go with these hummy foods!! :)

Love yah.

AngieVach said...

Janae - I am so impressed! They all look so great! I agree with the previous post, you'll need to post some recipes. YUM!

Sharalea said...

wow. i am so impressed! you are quite the COOK!! REALLY. Honestly your family is SOOO lucky! Trevor & I are still in student-mode living on mac n' cheese, chips & salsa, yogurt....ha. easy & fast. In the back of my mind I plan someday to be an amazing cook but I don't know how I'm going to get there...yikes.

denise @ little ant design said...

And all we're eating tonight is Taco Bell burritos - I wan to have dinner at your house but i think I'll pass on the squash cheese sauce, it's scaring me a little :) The rest looks fabulous. Share some recipes!