Monday, October 29, 2007

Fridge Surprise

Yesterday I went out at around 2pm to meet my new Visiting Teaching assignments, right? (I must interject here that I received my assignment on Thursday, so I'm not procrastinating as much as you think I am!) So I come home after about an hour, and begin to plan my dinner. As I'm doing that I open my fridge, only to see this:


What on earth?! Has Samuel suddenly taken up fishing, run to the river a block from our house, and caught three rainbow trout - in just one hour?!! No, if you know my husband at all, you can see how ridiculous that is. My neighbor across the street, Russ, is a big outdoors man and is always bringing us over some of his catch/kill. We had an awesome elk roast and some amazing elk steaks from him earlier this year. So I guess he must have gone fishing over the weekend. My husband's true personality appeared when he cautiously held up the fish, looked at me quizzically, and asked, "What on earth are we supposed to do with these?" Ha, ha! Well, I for one am thrilled! You can guess what we are having for dinner tonight!

3 comments:

Ruth said...

Nice neighbor. Your kiddos get more adorable all the time! Thanks for the update. Ruth

Davis Smith said...

What time were we supposed to come for dinner again?

Sharalea said...

love the update!
and good job doing your VT this month when you got your list on Thurs! dedication.:)