
I guess I should start this post by explaining that I am a HUGE BYU Football fan! Samuel isn't a huge fan of spectator sports - he likes them fine, he likes BYU better, but lets just say that he would be fine never watching a game all season. But I am addicted. (The funny thing is that BYU Football is a girl thing in my family - my mom, grandma, and I all watch every game. When my little brother has football games at the same time, I call my mom every 15 or so minutes to give her the play by play.)
My parents have two season tickets to BYU Football, but since I have a big family we usually only get to attend one, maybe two, games a season. This last weekend, though, Samuel's boss ended up having three extra tickets and gave them to us. Yay!! My little brother Liam came down to use that third ticket, which was really fun since we love hanging out with him!
When the game started it was pretty cold - maybe in the low 50s. But we were bundled up pretty good, so it wasn't a huge deal. Right after half-time, though, it started raining. No biggie. Plastic bags, hoods up, we'll be fine.
Unfortunately, by the fourth quarter it was snowing. Samuel and I would have toughed it out, but our kids were starting to get uncomfortable. And honestly, I couldn't move my fingers or toes. So, with about eight minutes left in the game, Samuel and I began heading to my sister Lissa's apartment (where we had parked). She was an absolute psychic and had a warm home, grilled cheese sandwiches, and hot chocolate ready for us when we arrived. Phew!
Luckily, even without us, BYU managed to beat Eastern Washington 42-7. Yay! Poor football players, though, because the snow was awful! They were slipping around and having a hard time holding the ball. (It was really quite funny.) What a fun game!
Monday, October 22, 2007
BYU Football
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
FUN!! You should stop by our house if you come down for another game. I also had hot chocolate on the stove ready to go for our visitors!
i'm impressed you lasted that long with your kids! i stayed until the last second of the game, because i'm just such a hardcore byu fan, haha. anyway, i must agree that it was a very enjoyable and fun game.
cool pics! love the close up of you & Samuel! what a cute family--and what troopers!
Fun pictures! So, maybe you guys should move to Pittsburgh...while you guys were getting snow, we were in the high 70's, low 80's. :) Won't last long, but we've been enjoying it!
Post a Comment