Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Excruciating and Fruitless

News flash to the blogging world: We moved.

Hence, for the first time since I began my blog back in January 2007, I only posted ONCE in a whole month. Once. My next lowest is four. Be grateful, though, because I had nothing witty to say, and had I posted it would have been excruciatingly boring. Notice how I emphasized the word excruciating by putting it in italics. Yes, the word alone wasn't good enough. It had to be italicized.

Well since I'm here, and since I'm posting about nothing in general, I'll tell you one reason I'm really grateful for this move. After two years of living with my parents, and searching fruitlessly through my boxes for things I wanted, I finally got to unpack. Want to know why my searches were fruitless? Because I thought I was funny when I labeled my boxes things like:


And my personal favorite:


Oh, real funny Janae.  Apparently the joke was on me.

20 comments:

Mindy said...

I may be the only one that is out of the loop, but where did you move to? And I hope it is close enough so you can finally come have a park day with us!

Ruth said...

Where did you move?

Erin said...

I was pretty sure you had died. Yes, more details please on the move. I like that you took a picture of your boxes. I want another house tour like you did with your other house and apt. Although we never got a tour of your parent's house. I can't believe it was really 2 years- that went by fast for me at least! :-)

Cara said...

So what was the surprise?

Kori said...

Glad to you don't have to live out of boxes any more.

Jessica said...

Haha I love the boxes. I'm excited to find out where you moved to.

Jennifer J said...

Add me to the list of people who thought you had died. So glad you're still here with us! Congrats on the move, and as others have said, more details please. :)

Caroline said...

Were you surprised? And I'm way bummed i didn't see you before I left. i think when you stopped by that Sat, I thought I would see you again:( P.S. It's better to label boxes on the side. That way, when they are stacked, you can see what they are labelled. Granted, I didn't think you cared, but still:)

The Pingels said...

Okay, the next post better be giving all the juicy details of where, and why you moved. I'm excited to hear all about it.

Karen said...

The boxes gave me a laugh even if you're not laughing about it anymore!! Can't wait to hear all the details like everyone else.

Tera said...

Welcome back! I missed your posts! I am excited to hear about your new place.

Paige said...

I wanna know what the surprise is! And how do you like your new place? :)

janae said...

Cara and Paige - It had one frying pan, a cheese grater, a baby monitor, several diapers, a few dvds, a shower curtain, a bath toy, and tons of other stuff that I can't remember. It was an adventure to go through!

Qait said...

Oh my! I can sympathize!!! And congratulations, that is exciting! At least, we sure felt excited to move out of our parents' (as much as we loved them)...
We had the same adventure with our stuff because the move in had been so terribly unorganized (drove me nuts to do it that way). So we actually went through and repacked stuff before moving out, and there was so much RANDOM junk we got rid of that I never would have "packed" in the first place!
So are you guys still in the same area? Sam is still doing his BYU thing, isn't he?
(I guess I should sign up to get the following comments if I'm going to ask questions!)

janae said...

Qait - We are still in the same area, although Sam hasn't been going to BYU for the Friday figure drawing at all lately. They changed the policy and right now are only allowing current students (such a bummer to the 2-3 alumni who came every week!) We're actually trying to find a work-around or get special permission to go. We'll see what happens!

Stephen and Debbie said...

YAY FOR CHANGE! Please email us your new address so we can send a Christmas card and a Baby Shower invite. Good luck!

Kelli said...

Oh yes, after our 6 moves the last 6 years I've gotten better about not having unlabeled or "random" boxes. Though, we still get surprised when opening boxes sometimes.

Elizabeth said...

you. crack. me. up. woman.

Krishele said...

Have I ever told you that I just adore you? you made my day.

janae said...

Kelli - I was just thinking about what you said, and how funny it is that you got better at labeling boxes with all your moves, while I've actually gotten worse. Funny!