Sunday, June 26, 2011

3 reasons I should be dead

 Me in Idaho the night before #1

1) The time I drove 99 mph straight from Ricks College to BYU, so that I could be on time for church. Ironic on so many levels. (For the record, I never hit 100.  Not once.  I was very careful.  Because driving 100 mph would make me both evil and rebellious.  But as long as I was only in double digits, I was good. Phew.)

2) The time I did my mascara driving down 13th East on my way to high school.  Oh wait.  That was every. single. day.

3) The time I painted my toe nails. While driving. 75 mph. On the freeway. Around point of the mountain.  Now that one was just plain stupid.  (Although my toes looked fabulous.) 




*Just FYI, my wild (read: idiot) driving days are over now. Waaaaay over. I'll go 70 mph on the freeway, but I'm not crazy.

12 comments:

Caroline said...

You forgot to mention the red light you ran, and I think we drove on the wrong side of the road that trip.

janae said...

Caroline - Now that you mention it, I remember driving on the wrong side of the road. But the red light story is really vague (not that I doubt it). We'll have to chat so you can refresh my memory.

Kelli said...

okay, seriously? your toe nails?! that's crazy!!! remind me to never drive with you! Even if you're "wild driving days are over." Hahaha...

Margaret Pratt said...

This makes me laugh a little and feel scared a lot! It is crazy to think back on the things we did when we were younger.....I am not brave enough to share mine publicly but call me & I'd tell ya! I miss you!

Krishele said...

The toe nails....you were on cruise control, right? Cause that would be even more impressive if you weren't.

I think I ate a hamburger while driving once.....I know, total rebel, right?

Sarah Rachelle said...

Oh wow. I've done pretty dumb things too. About #2 - you're not alone. I had a good friend who would do the same thing every single day on the way to work. And she's still alive. I don't know how she managed it, but when I rode with her I always thought we were going to die. ha!

janae said...

Margaret - Yeah, I guess I'm not too scared about sharing my stupidity stories publicly, although my mom thinks I should be. :) What I'm scared about is what my kids will do when they learn to drive!

Stephen and Debbie said...

Remind me not to drive with you... :)

janae said...

I swear I'm not crazy any more guys!! I was 16-18 for all of those! :)

John and Kimberly said...

Janae,
Notice how people don't want to drive with you, but what they don't know is that with practice comes perfection. I am tres fabulouso at putting on mascara and driving. I do admit the toenail painting is harder, and I recall only trying it once. I ended up painting more at stoplights. And no, my cruise control wasn't on. I drove with my left leg on the gas.

Stuart said...

I probably should not mention this, but ask your dad if he ever switched positions and took over the driver's seat while going over 80 mph on the LA freeway.

Qait said...

Now that's talent!!!
I'm constantly having to keep my speed-demon-ways in check.