Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Sweet to Sinister

This last weekend Sam asked me to snap some pics of his beard so we have a good record of it. (That's not going to be a problem, I am sooo planning on getting our family pictures taken with his beard. Once in a lifetime opportunity.)

As we uploaded them on the computer I couldn't help but remember these pictures.  Oh, how different he looks!  He's not even trying to look mean in the after picture.  Apparently his straight face is pretty sinister.  (Which is fine by me, since mine looks cruel/suicidal.)


By the way, in case you were wondering, they were supposed to film April-May.  Then May-June.  Now the director has moved it to June-July.  Which is right in the middle of our family vacation that I ALREADY PLANNED.  Not that I'm angry or bitter or frustrated or upset.  But if he ruins my vacation, he better watch his back.  Just sayin'.


ps. While I'm linking stuff, we made playdoh again. It's bought me at least 2-3 free hours every day since. I love playdoh.

11 comments:

Cara said...

June/July?? Really?? That's nuts! It is simply crazy how different Sam looks with a beard.

janae said...

Cara - I know! His beard is gonna be so huge!

Kelli said...

So wait, he grew out his sinister beard for a part that he doesn't even have to play until June or July? Wow.

Stephen and Debbie said...

WOW! It will be a long hot summer with that beard! He does look mean!

Sam Ricks said...

Wow, I do look pretty sinister!

janae said...

Kelli - The director basically said, "The longer the better." So Sam's been growing since October. It'll end up being about 10 months total. Crazy!

Krishele said...

You know, the beard makes him actually look his age...instead of looking 18 like he usually does. :)

Qait said...

Hahhaha, make sure he doesn't get a tan while he has that beard or he'll look really funny once he shaves... ;)

I think his sinister beard looks cool! I hope your vacation still happens (and is awesome).

janae said...

Krishele - You took the words right out of my mouth! Thought it, but didn't say it. :)

Qait - Ooooh, don't give me ideas! That is genious. Get tan. LOVE IT.

wheaties said...

Wow Sam. That is a lot of hair. I think it would take me a decade to grow a beard like that...

katieo said...

oh wow. that's...wow. I'm just a teensy bit shocked.

(I haven't clicked out of my google reader in forever. I LOVE the owl and the parrot! hilar.)