Round Two: BIG Improvement
_______________________________________
me: Enoch, how old are you?
Nic: Nine!
me: Enoch, how old are you?
Nic: Six!
me: Enoch, how old are you?
Nic: Eight!
me: What's your mom's name?
Nic: Janae.
me: What's your dad's name?
Nic: Grown up.
Enoch doesn't says S when it is followed by a consonant. Favorites include: 'leep, 'lippers, 'cool (school), 'now (snow). He also calls me Mommy Tommy. Haven't the foggiest where that came from.
_______________________________________
I have a theory that Utah always has at least one snow that sticks before Halloween. Luckily the weather has cooperated with my theory ever since I came up with it about six years ago.
_______________________________________
The other day I stayed up late writing a family history book. Our computer is in our bedroom, so Sam turned out the lights and went to bed, while I worked in the glow of the screen. Sam slept silently, and the only sound was the light clicking of my fingers on the key board. Suddenly, Sam sat up. "Which one is it?" he asked anxiously, "This one or the other one?" Then he began searching frantically in the bed. "What are you looking for?" I asked. "The other one!" he replied. Then he laid down and went back to sleep. I hope this man never out grows his sleep talking. I love it!
_______________________________________
Believe it or not, Elijah turned 4 on the ides of November. He is super smart, and I don't have the guts to tell him that because he has a November birthday, he doesn't start Kindergarten for two more years. Poor kid!
Elijah loves all things Lightening McQueen and Buzz Lightyear. He also likes "Good Fighters" -- ie. Moroni, Judah Maccabee, and Brigham Young ("they called him a LION!") Elijah tries to be a Good Fighter too. He fights his temper. :)
On a side note, isn't his cheesy smile hilarious? His eyes almost completely disappear-so cute! When he was a baby someone asked if he was Asian. I had no clue how to respond to that (does Sam look Asian? cuz I know I sure don't!) I still get a kick out of that one. :)


13 comments:
So many things to say, so little room...
First, Seara's picture turned out awesome! Thank goodness for retakes!
Mommy Tommy? That's funny!
I love the story of Grown Up talking in his sleep. Those are always hilarious. He seriously has the best stories.
And Elijah's cheesy grin totally looks like he's Asian. I thought it before I read your comment about it too. How weird! :)
Poor guy that he has to wait on Kindergarten. Bummer!
Those poor fall birthdays. Luke is one of those too. I don't know how he is going to handle another whole year at home with me. He is going to be bored out of his mind! My kids get the asian thing too, although Max was thought to be part Mexican as well. Funny kids!
While I still think round 1 is super cute, round 2 turned out great!
Fall birthdays are the best! Trust me on this one.
And that is seriously one of the best school pictures I've ever seen.
Yeah, we're loving the 60 degree weather right now. We played outside for three hours this afternoon and we're also planning some family hikes this winter...LOVE Arizona in the winter.
Jason thought Kate looked Korean when she was a newborn. We had some Korean neighbors across the landing at the time in Provo...doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what Jason kept (teasingly) harassing me about for the first few months of Kate's life.
I, too, love Grown Ups stories. Really, both of you crack me up. I'm glad all he does is talk though. I went through a phase where I would wake up beating the snot out of Jason. Poor guy.
Krishele - Poor guy especially because you're BUFF. Honestly, even if Jason were awake, I might wager on you. ;)
Such a cute picture! I love it! V
I wish I lived with people who talk in their sleep, I'd get such enjoyment out of it! And don't hate me, but I think I actually like her first, unplanned for school picture better!
ahh the kids are looking so old!!! It hasn't been THAT long since we saw them, has it?? :(
Well, just based on the last post- you can tell them- Actually, no- he's Indian.
Adorable kids!!! :)
I think sleep-talking is HILARIOUS! I love it!
And even better: sleep laughing. :) My brother does full-out belly laughs in his sleep (always has), and it's the best thing ever!
One time we asked him what was so funny, and he said it must have been when he was dreaming about rock climbing with our Dad, who told him a joke...but he couldn't remember the joke. Too bad, because he was laughing SOOOO hard in his sleep!
And then one of my sisters...I swear she speaks Chinese when she sleeptalks. It's SUPERFAST and completely unintelligible. And usually loud.
Why yes, Sam looks very asian. Actually, I was wondering the same thing when I saw Elijah. I was thinking to myself.... wow, that kid is tan, and asian. Kidding, but seriously.
Anyways, I think Lije is adorable.
Post a Comment