I have serious qualms about running pants. It is impossible to find them for tall people! I searched at Costco, Gap, Old Navy, Target, and Walmart. NOTHING. Apparently running pants come in two basic sizes: normal and petite. (So all you people who complain about finding clothes for short people: it's worse to be tall. I can't buy long pants and just fold em or cut off the bottom like you can.) Finally I started searching online. Under Armor, Road Runner Sports, Nike, and Champion. I only found two pairs of tall running pants. They were 80 bucks and booty tight. What is up with booty tight exercise clothes? I need to exercise because I can't wear booty tight stuff. No one wants to see all your fat while you try to burn it off. But I digress. I finally found a forum of women complaining about this very subject. And guess what?? Target online sells Champion pants in tall ... for 20 bucks! Woohoo! I bought two pairs. Both are super long and only one is booty tight. I wear those ones for yoga. It helps Sam when he tries to figure draw me (as I do yoga):
Thursday, December 9, 2010
Qualms about Exercise Pants
I'm not very flexible. Just throwing that out there. So that you know that I know, ya know?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


14 comments:
Okay...it's weird how much those figures are really you. I mean, I know that that's the point, but still. Some of those poses, I can see you doing them. I guess I'm saying he's good.
So thanks for the info, by the way, about Target selling tall exercise pants. Though I wear capri exercise pants when I run (because it's always inside on a treadmill), so I haven't had to find tall exercise pants. But if I ever decide to get some...I know where to go. :)
Yeah, and they shrink too. So even for short people (not that I'm short) it can be frustrating. I guess I'd rather have the tall problem though. Even if I were needing to lose weight, at least it's stretched out a bit and not all compacted together!
And Cara's right. Those drawings are awesome. Trenton, on the other hand, is never allowed to draw me anymore. I'm happy being somewhat ignorant of my body's demise.
I just wear spandex underneath and sag the regular workout pants haha
But I am very happy to hear about this Target find!!
yes! thanks for the info about tall workout pants at target! i'll have to try them!
Ug. I hate trying to find tall pants! Thanks for the Target info!
You are my new hero. Target online, here I come!!
PS - Tall people aren't flexible. Ever. It's a physical impossibility. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Amen sista! And not only are all the work-out clothes tight and revealing, but what's up with all the gyms having pure glass walls right by the street so not only the people inside can stare, but everyone driving by too? That's why I hate gyms and never go.
You are so right! There is very little for us fabulously tall people and I really am not all that tall but pants still on average are too short.
Kelli - YES!! What's up with those gigantic windows?? Even at the MTC they have windows where the bike machines are. So weird!
Excellent post! Thanks for this useful information. I have to try this..
Do they have pockets? Im going to check. I have found long exercise pants, but then they don't have pockets and where am I suppose to keep my keys and stuff?
Theresa - Unfortunately, no, I don't think any of them have pockets (mine don't). I have a jacket I always wear while I exercise, and it has pockets, so I didn't even notice. Sorry!
you look super good as yoga figures! I'm impressed.
Had you ever considered exercise capri's?
But I'm glad you found some tall ones for less than a fortune. :)
Krishele - Capris are all I've ever used until now. But it can be mighty cold to go running in snow with capris! :)
Post a Comment