Friday, November 12, 2010
Knock-knock Jokes, etc.
I always tell Sam that he shouldn't do this, but I'm doing it anyway. Things you need to know:
1) I want a new video camera. I can't afford a new video camera, but I want one any way. I mentioned this to Sam, and he suggested that I actually learn how to use the camera I have before getting a new one. He's a brilliant one, that Sam. My own Dr. Spock. That should explain the focus issues/odd shots/etc.
2) As the wife of an illustrator, I feel the need to explain that I know that Giddyup is not a real font. Just like Comic Sans and Chalkboard are not real fonts. And like Papyrus is the Titanic theme song of fonts.
3) No matter how much I try to explain jokes to my kids, they still don't get the knock knock thing.
4) Italics is my new favorite friend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

24 comments:
Love it! And my kids do the same thing with knock knock jokes! It drives me crazy! And you know what? I think that is the first time I've seen you and Sam kiss.....yes even with living with you guys for 3 months!
Your little Enoch is darling! Cute video.
awesome, janae!!
For the record, I love the experimental shots. Especially the shots at the beginning of the movie. They look really cool!
Angie-that was the first time we've ever kissed.
Love it. I miss your movies. This was a good one. And, so you know, Ethan still does knock-knock jokes like that. It was just recently that Liam started realizing that those ones don't make any sense (and, therefore, real ones *do* make sense).
I was so excited to see a new video - your family is adorable.
Cute video!! By the way...what kind of video camera do you own? Ours is needing an update...and what kind are you looking into getting someday? I need some good ideas. :)
In case you were wondering who that comment was from, it was me. Sorry, I have too many emails. :)
Man, you've totally inspired me to use our video camera more. If only I knew how to work it...
Cute video! I love that for about 3 weeks your kids were 4,3,&2. I love seeing your family grow up. They are so cute!
cute video and i really love the music too! and your last post about lying...hilarious! seriously so funny!
Angie - SERIOUSLY??! I guess that just affirms what my mom and brother say about us not being publicly affectionate. (Remember? This: http://samueljanae.blogspot.com/2010/04/publicly-affectionate.html) Aren't you so glad you never had to feel uncomfortable because we made out in front of you??
Sam - Hahahahahahahaha! That one made me laugh out loud!
Cara - Well that is actually comforting. Once they are 8, I'll start worrying. :)
Jamie - No worries, I knew it was you. :) You're the only Jamie I know. (Well, except that one girl who was friends with my older sister in 6th grade.) About the camera...ours is a Panasonic PV-GS 500. Before this I had a PV-GS 250. I liked the 250 better. I'm not too up on cameras right now, but I always get my info from camcorderinfo.com. They have awesome reviews and should help you narrow down the best camera for your price range. Good luck!
I always think you do a great job with these videos. I wouldn't even know where to start. I have a video camera and know NOTHING about it except how to record. And that slip and slide looks like so much fun. I want one!
Bos - One of my best friend's back yard has that little hill, so they bought a 30'x50' tarp and a few extra hoses. It was really pretty simple to set up, and SOOOO much fun!
I love that your video shows a lot of every day stuff! I caught the PDA in there too. Great video!
I am so impressed with your creative abilities with photography and music!!!Touches my heart! what a great family you have-
We have the same issue with knock-knock jokes at our house. Must be a phase every kid goes through.
I really love you get video of just everyday moments...times when I would never think about getting my camera out. You must do it often enough, because your kids don't turn into those weird, hyper, silly (read stupid acting) kids, like mine, that seem to show up only when you have company or when they have a video camera pointed at them. So even if I tried to get an everyday moment...the second they saw the camera...it would be over.
This has nothing to do with your post, but thanks for the phone call today. Now, that really is love. It's times like that when I'm reminded what an awesome thing I have in my friendship (practically sisterhood) with you.
Loved the video. I love Yellowstone and the Tetons.
We have yet to try knock-knock jokes at our house...
LOVED, LOVED, LOVED it!!!!
So for those of us who aren't married to illustrators, why aren't those "real" fonts? Also...I love the part where you and Sam are making faces at the camera. You two really are perfect for each other. And Sam is hilarious. Just thought I'd throw that in there.
Lissa - Sam says they are like the Payless shoes of fonts. People like them and use them, but when it comes to quality, they are lacking. Although I'm not sure that is a good comparison for you, since you have single handedly kept Payless in business over the last 10 years. :)
Very fun! We love your videos!
I ADORE your family. Seriously, how did you manage to get the single most adorable family ever? That is my question...
Okay, so, on a side note- Sam's knock knock joke made me laugh (out loud). Way to go Sam.
Post a Comment