Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I can't believe I did that.

Guess whose mom COMPLETELY forgot about picture day???

 
Yeah. First child. First picture day. And I spaced it. I'm not even going to admit how long it had been since I washed her hair. Obviously we should have practiced her smile. And toucans?  Cute and all, but probably the last shirt I'd choose to memorialize her kindergarten year.  Honestly, the more I get to know myself, the more I think, "Janae, you are a total loser."

Let's hope retakes go a little better.


ps. Isn't it cute how her ears poke out at the top?  She looks like a little elf when I pull her hair back.  She's gonna hate that when she gets older, but I love it!

17 comments:

heidizinha said...

so awesome! i love when photos catch us off guard--i think they're some of the most memorable ones!

Babydoll said...

I could tell when moms would forget about picture day when I taught school. But usually the results were way worse than this. Like, I would have to track down a comb and try and make it look like they didn't JUST wake up. She doesn't look too bad. Although I would still probably know you forgot, just because her hair is in a pony and most moms want their girls hair down or styled a special way. But I really love the smile and I LOVE the ears poking out.

Krishele said...

That smile is AWESOME!

But really, you're not the loser. We don't even buy school pictures, with the idea that I'll take them myself...has Kate had her first grade pictures done by me yet? Um, that would be a negative. I'm starting to wonder if our logic is so logical.

Cara said...

Since we got family pictures (with individuals of the kids) taken like a week before school pictures, I didn't take any notice of school pictures. No one wore anything special, hair was done the regular way. It was just a normal, non-stressful day. That was nice.

Plus, I got the smallest package available, just so the kids would have a class picture.

Luckily, Ethan's picture turned out pretty good. Hallie's was okay. Liam's? Not so good. But he didn't want to do retakes. And I didn't really care because I have a cute one of him on my wall from the family pics. So there you go.

Unfortunately, the class picture will have that dopey picture of Liam so all his classmates will remember him that way. Oh well. We obviously don't care enough. :)

Okay. After all that...

She's a cutie no matter what. :)

janae said...

Heidi - You hit the nail on the head. This picture is definitely going to end up being 'memorable'! Plus, at least for now, Seara LOVES it. :)

janae said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jolie said...

This post made me laugh!! You're so funny. And you're not a loser for spacing out KINDERGARTEN school picture day.
I think we'd throw the loser word around if you space out, say, Sierra's high school graduation, but not for school pics. ;-)
And I LOVE her smile! You can tell she put everything she had into it.

ALYN said...

I forgot also. Lia remembered and did her own hair in pigtails. I think there was only one pigtail when the pic was snapped. (Not that I buy the pics, Sears is cheaper.)

Melanie said...

It's not just a toucan shirt. It's a toucan on a surfboard! She's super cute and would look adorable no matter what.

janae said...

Mel - YES. Exactly. But thanks for the compliment to her. :)

Margaret Pratt said...

She is adorable! Really what a beautiful girl and without any effort!

Kelli said...

You're doing a retake? Oh man, no. That's a perfect little kid picture. The kind you laugh at yourself about later but secretly love.

Virginia said...

Ashleigh has pointy ears too and was convinced it was because she didn't eat enough green vegetables (which is true) thanks to The Santa Clause 2. Very cute picture!

Roberta said...

What I think of is those people who blog about their elementary school pictures when they're adults and blame their mom about the way they looked or what they wore. But she looks so sweet anyway!! A lot better than all of mine ever looked!!!

Stephen and Debbie said...

She is so cute! It is amazing how big she has gotten since you guys lived here!

Anna said...

She has "stickie-outie-ears" just like me!!! My mom talks about the ultrasound of me and how it is an ariel view. All you could see was my round head, and my ears sticking out at the top!

Jenna Baker said...

KIDDING! I seriously think this picture is adorable. BUT, that is just my personal opinion.