Monday, October 18, 2010

Bridals: The Unknown Story

When I got engaged to Samuel my parents were still in Chile on their mission.  In fact, I got married just three weeks after they got home.  Since they hadn't had an income for three years, I was a bit concerned about spending too much money on the wedding, and I decided to opt out of getting bridals to save some dough.

For the next few years I dreamed of someday taking pictures in my wedding dress, but I could never do it because I was always pregnant and couldn't fit.  Well, after Elijah was born I trained for and ran a half marathon.  And I got skinny.  It was now or never.  So on a Saturday morning, Sam and I skipped off to a park and snapped some shots.  Just a few days later I found out that I was expecting Enoch.  Apparently I was pregnant with my third for my bridals! :)

19 comments:

Floridians back to Utahns! said...

How fun!! I would love to get back in my wedding dress but unfortunately I have no reason!! DANG! You look gorgeous!

Lyndi said...

Okay, I totally trained and ran a half marathon too...and I didn't get skinny. Life is SO not fair.

Cara said...

Okay...your hair is so beautiful. And you are sooo skinny. And it is pretty funny that you took your bridals years later while pregnant with your 3rd.

randi said...

so pretty! nice job on getting back into the dress. you look beautiful!

Kori said...

That's a funny story! You look beautiful Janae.

Sharalea said...

A great story to tell your kids...and I love this! I want to get skinny & take some bridals (i also never had any taken)...but I'm not ready to be prego with my 3rd so...?

lol
You are gorgeous, Janae!

Sarah Rachelle said...

Beautiful! And I doubt anyone could say the same for their bridals! :-)
I never got bridals done either. I might do that after I lost Mairi's baby weight. What a fun idea!

Ruth said...

You're one hot mama.

Amanda said...

How do you grow your hair like that and then chop it and grow it and chop it! I am amazed how fast and long your hair is! Very pretty.

janae said...

Amanda - Ha, ha! I don't cut my hair very often because I practically never blow dry or curl it so it stays healthy for a really long time, and it gets a lot of growing time. (Obviously in these pictures I was both blow dried and curled. :) I wasn't a huge fan of my long hair (what a pain!), but when I see these pictures I miss it. So maybe I'll grow it out one more time. :)

katieo said...

hahaha!! love it. awesome.

Jamie said...

That is such a great idea!!! You still look just as young and beautiful!!! And I LOVE LOVE LOVE your hair!!! :) You are so beautiful Sister Smith...Sister Ricks...Janae :) You have always been such a good role model for me :)

K said...

Beautiful. I’m glad you got these done.

steph said...

I never got bridal pictures either! I may do the same as you!
You look so pretty! I love your hair & dress!

Erica said...

I never got bridals and have thought about taking some pictures in my dress, mostly because I just love my dress.

Krishele said...

Gorgeous as always. Kind of funny that you had 2 kids and were pregnant with a third for your bridal pictures...doesn't the church frown upon that? ;)

Kelli said...

Wow, that's crazy. You know, I never did any Bridal pictures. I wish I had though. I'm pretty sure that dress won't be fitting on me any time in the near or far future. That, plus I just look a whole lot more "worn" than I did at 21. Love the pictures.

Stuart said...

I've seen your photography before and mentally noted that you have a good photographer's eye

janae said...

Oh, thanks Stu!