March weather never ceases to baffle me. Take last week...
Tuesday: 60 degrees. Walk 1.5 miles, mostly uphill, to the park. Play for an hour and a half. Walk 1.5 miles home. (Tuesday Night: crash in bed because that is more exercise than you've gotten in that last 6 months combined.)
Wednesday: 60 degrees. Send the kids to play in the backyard. Rest after your exercise yesterday.
Thursday: 58 degrees. Picnic lunch at another park. (Drive to this one. You've had enough exercise for the month of March.) Play in the park for an hour.
Friday: 32 degrees. Wake up to 6 inches of snow. Nix your plans to go to the farm. Make a snowman with friends instead.
Apparently Seara gets her goofy photo face from me.

12 comments:
What a pretty snowman! :)
Very fancy snowman with fancy lashes!! I likey!
You know we've seen more snow this winter than ever in our lives (when we lived in UT it was a drought--not much snow in the valley)...and we DID NOT EVEN BUILD A SNOWMAN.
Unbelievable.
HOWEVER.
It's finally MELTING!!
I'm so excited. I'm going out for walks in 40's because its the warmest I've seen in MONTHS!! So nice!!
Hope you get those warm temps back!
That snow woman is a babe! Nice work. :)
Good old Utah weather.
Ahh, spring weather, you never know what is going to happen.
Shara - I know what you mean! After so many weeks of 10-15 degree weather, 40 degrees is spring! :)
That snowwoman puts our whole snowfamily to shame. :D
Its so hard to get used to! We start getting used to the warmer weather, and going on walks every day and then suddenly there is snow on the ground and your plans get canceled. My soon to be sis-in-law had her bridals planned for last Friday and they got canceled cause of snow
CUTE snowman Janae! Love it! You and I think alike. We spent all last week while the weather was nice, out and about doing fun things that took place outdoors. I was gearing up to take all the kids to the zoo on Friday, but I tossed that plan out the window when I saw all the snow outside the morning of. We didn't end up making a snowman, but we did up making snow cones from the fresh (clean) powder that had fallen. My kids loved it! I don't mind snow at all, I just wish it would snow during the appropriate time (i.e. Christmas, New Years) NOT in March after we've had virtually a dry winter. I'm ready for Summer now, I bet you are too! I'm going stir crazy being inside with the kids all the time!
Ohhh, I'm liking the snow woman. Once again breaking away from cliche! I also see that you are fortunate enough to have trees around with some years on them so they can provide sticks for arms, unlike all our baby trees around here.
I must agree about the weather though, it's bad like that up here, too. One day it's sunny and warm (warm is relative, however, it hits 40 degrees and we're in light jackets like we've hit a tropical heat wave) and the next day only gets up to what the low was for the day before. Oh, bother.
Steph - Call me next time you make zoo plans! We have a year membership and would love to go with you!
How delightful are your posts about what is going on in your world! Take heart! I have it on good authority that spring will eventually come to stay!
Post a Comment