Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Kid Quotes

Seara is a girly girl. I didn't teacher her this, she just came up with it on her own.

I don't think she quite gets the concept of a joke yet ...
Seara: Knock knock
me: Who's there?
Seara: Strawberry
me: Strawberry who?
Seara: Strawberry is going to the birthday party to eat cake!

As the kids are finishing their oatmeal breakfast ...
Me: Seara, do you want toast?
Lija: President Monson said no toast for me!

Pointing to a picture of Enoch ...
Me: Who is that?
Nic: Bean!

(We often call Enoch "Een" - you know, the sound his name starts with. Which morphed over time to Een-bean. Which apparently has morphed into just Bean.)

A thousand times a day ...
Seara: What is camouflage? What is cheer up? What is escargot?

Looking out the window ...
Lija: Mommy, look! The sun is setting again. Holy gosh!

Whenever he finds anything on the floor ...
Nic: [handing item to me] Here, mama! Here, mama! Here ya go, mama!

After I helped him get a craisin out of his nostril ...
Lija: That silly craisin! He's always getting in my nose!

Post-dinner conversation between Seara and my dad ...
Seara: Grandpa, you are the Cave of Wonders. You shall be the King God of Egypt and the Queen of Style. You shall be the fairest in the kingdom... But your hair is too loud! You need to cut your hair at the kingdom. Your teeth look too big, would you like round teeth instead?

Dad and Mom by Elijah. Notice how Sam has no hair, no nose, no mouth ... and yet very prominent ears. Sam's always thought he had big ears. Apparently Lija noticed. We got a kick out that one. :)

16 comments:

Natalie said...

kids are sooo funny. loved this.

katieo said...

aaah! Love it. The craisin one made me laugh OUT LOUD.

Starting the day with a smile, thanks. :)

Sam Ricks said...

The King God of Egypt and the Queen of Style...classic!

Megan said...

So funny! I loved Seara's joke. Harrison tells the same kind of things and then gets mad when we don't laugh.

Cara said...

Oh those were *funny*! I especially loved "holy gosh", the craisin comment, and Seara's conversation with Dad. Too funny!

Paige said...

Escargot? haha I didn't learn what that was til I was like 17!

I love little kid quotes haha

Melanie said...

I love the one about the strawberry... :) Kid jokes are awesome!

Sharalea said...

CLASSICS! I love that you are recording these--they'll be family jokes forever!!

The Pingels said...

Loved the craisin quote! Don't you love how they think of more and more questions each day they approach 5 years old?

The Parkers said...

those are great! I am so glad you share them with us!

Qait said...

AAAH!!! HILARIOUS! Everything Elijah said cracks me up! SOOO funny! What an awesome sense of humor.
I love Seara's girly heart (so cute) and her little thing to her grandpa--round teeth?! HAHAHHA! Oh, you have awesome kids.

Joe said...

I hate when I get craisins stuck in my nose :)

Kelli said...

Oh little craisin, when will you learn?

Krishele said...

I've been getting the not-so-funny jokes from my kids for a while. Example: "Why did the hamburger cross the road? It wanted to have a cheese and pickle on it!" Then they both crack up hysterically while I'm still trying to figure out where they came up with a hamburger crossing the road in the first place.

The Parkers said...

Yeah we are giving our house a facelift because we finally can afford to LOL (the owners before us took all their pictures and stuff off the wall and filled the holes and then decided to paint over them w/ a roller NOT the color of the wall) so on every wall in our house we had white walls with lovely off white splotches ALL over...so after almost 3 years we are finally painting! Thanks for the comments I'm still not sure on the colors but hearing others like them helps :)

Jenna Baker said...

That was hilarious. I laughed out loud multiple times while reading that. I love your kids. They crack me up:)